News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gallerygirl

gallerygirl Profile Photo
Member Name: gallerygirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

COMPANY with George Chakiris  Jan 3 2022, 07:20:03 AM

I think it's actually Marti Stevens as Sarah.

Why is Priscilla not doing better business?  Jul 5 2019, 10:16:58 AM

And only this morning I thought that PRISCILLA had a better Broadway run at 525 performances than a lot of shows since. And is still being produced continually around the world. 

Tony Nominee clocks up 2,000th performance in PRISCILLA  Oct 31 2018, 02:54:48 AM

Theatre World Award winner and Tony-and-Olivier Award nominee Tony Sheldon today racked up his 2,000th performance in the role of Bernadette in PRISCILLA, QUEEN OF THE DESERT. The 12th anniversary Australian production is playing its final week in Brisbane and Sheldon will go directly into rehearsal as Grandpa Joe in the Australian production of CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY directed by Jack O'Brien.

Dear Even Hansen Maggie McKenna  Jul 30 2018, 02:20:31 AM

The show is being workshopped again with a largely new cast before its next engagement.

Is it worth to travel from Brisbane AU to NYC just to see Cursed Child  Jun 19 2018, 09:45:29 AM

See it in Melbourne. It will be the identical production by the same production team and you'll save a bundle.

Performers Who Were In The Original Production and The revival  Apr 30 2018, 09:30:35 AM

Tony Sheldon was Bernadette in the original Australian, West End and Broadway PRISCILLA, QUEEN OF THE DESERT and is starring in the current 10th anniversary revival.

Pat Suzuki - New Album Releases  Mar 5 2018, 03:19:26 AM

She is the BEST!!heart

Laura Osnes - Why not Anastasia?  Feb 24 2018, 07:01:44 PM

Interested to see who'll replace Caroline. Lesli Margherita would be a good fit.

Broadway Stars with Solo Albums  Feb 11 2018, 03:20:39 AM

Randy Graff's album of Cy Coleman songs is wonderful.

Victor / Victoria; Julie, Liza and Raquel  Oct 30 2017, 02:05:53 PM

Ria Jones starred in a London fringe production. Paper Mill produced it with Judy McLane, Lee Roy Reams and Bob Cuccioli. North Shore Musicals staged it with Donna English, TUTS in Houston did a production a couple of years ago (with the Broadway set and costumes) starring Anastasia Barzee and Tony Sheldon.

I remember Anthony Newley was announced to play Toddy for the 1st National tour but he became ill and dropped out.

TORCH SONG Previews  Sep 28 2017, 03:42:41 PM

I don't recall anything in the script that says Arnold is an overweight "schlub". Certainly none of Harvey's original replacements...David Garrison, Donald Corren, P.J. Benjamin, Richard De Fabees, Jonathan Hadary ....or the international Arnolds, London's Antony Sher and Australia's Tony Sheldon...fit that description. 

Trivia Question: Name The B'way Star  Sep 6 2017, 02:08:48 AM

That's young Victor Garber. There's a clip around of the Sugar Shoppe on the Ed Sullivan Show.

Favorite Cast Recording of the 16/17 Season?  Jul 5 2017, 02:51:03 PM

RippedMan said: "Guess I'm in the minority, but I love the Amelie recording. I listen to it at least once a week. So haunting and beautiful. I went into the show thinking eh, this will be boring, but I was really taken with it. Def. not a big Broadway show, but I hope it has a healthy regional life. I think the music is at times really gorgeous."

Another vote for AMELIE from me. Some lovely music in there.

Rude Theater Goers  Jun 20 2017, 12:24:41 AM

In my experience it's the well-dressed, middle aged, face-lifted Upper East Side ladies who spend the entire performance checking their phones every five minutes. There's not much one can do when they're sitting in the center of the orchestra looking at their photos and you're staring down on them from the mezz. My companion at one performance bolted downstairs during the curtain calls and was waiting for the offenders as they left the theatre. He very politely thanked th

Understudies on Tonys  Jun 12 2017, 09:24:39 AM

Michael McCormick was on for Brent Spiner the year the 1776  revival was nominated.

AMELIE to close on May 21  May 16 2017, 09:09:21 AM

Last Sunday's performance was Standing Room Only so it might be wise to get there early.

70, Girls, 70 @ 54 Below  Apr 18 2017, 03:40:54 PM

I've always adore the original cast album but the recent production at Encores (with a marvelous cast) revealed the book to be the problem. I'm sure there was a lot of goodwill at the 54 concert that made up for a rather boring night in the theatre.

Final words = title?  Apr 13 2017, 02:19:23 AM

"After all, it was only...MIDSUMMER MADNESS!"

AMÉLIE Previews  Mar 9 2017, 10:22:39 AM

The composer has said that he deliberately avoided the cliche of "French sounding" music.

COME FROM AWAY Previews  Feb 19 2017, 06:27:34 PM

Saw the matinee today and it's a knockout. Glorious from start to finish. The sleeper of the season. Miss it at your peril.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You