pixeltracker

Great comet or Come From Away- Page 2

Great comet or Come From Away

deltatee Profile Photo
deltatee
#25Great comet or Come From Away
Posted: 3/29/17 at 12:51pm

I don't see CFA until the end of April, but the Great Comet is really something else, and it is definitely worth seeing (especially if you're a Groban fan).  As others have said, the Great Comet is very unique and is quite the experience that won't ever tour in its current form. 

cam5y
#26Great comet or Come From Away
Posted: 3/29/17 at 1:04pm

haterobics said: "cam5y said: "I really liked Comet as a spectacle, but it really doesn't capture the essence of War and Peace for me. (For a start, they took all the war bits out). "

Perhaps why it isn't called War and Peace: The Musical?! Since it is only based on a 70-page sliver of it?
"

Indeed. And I found that sliver to be somewhat trite without its original context. When Anatole is the most compelling character on stage, something essential has been lost, in my opinion. And Pierre was like a character from another story, which he most decidedly is not in the original.

eugenia2
#27Great comet or Come From Away
Posted: 3/29/17 at 2:43pm

Comet. it's like nothing else on Broadway and will round out your choices. 

froote
#28Great comet or Come From Away
Posted: 3/29/17 at 2:51pm

I hope that people that read this thread will stop saying that the Tony is now only between CFA and DEH. Great Comet clearly has its passionate fans.