News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for cam5y

Member Name: cam5y
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

London/West End in July  Apr 25 2024, 12:40:14 PM

Echoing those above. In addition, Two Strangers (Carry a Cake…) is charming. I’ve heard good things about Kathy and Stella Solve a Murder but haven’t seen it yet. And Starlight Express should be quite an experience, if nothing else.

Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy  Dec 2 2023, 04:05:37 AM

lopside said: "It's sold well, but there's no guarantee it will continue to do so. I feel like the hype hasn't reached the broader public in quite the same way, otherwise it would have sold out for the remainder of its run. Plus, there seem to have been shows that were lined up beforehand anyways and shifting the setup to another venue might be too expensive and not worth it.

Also, seem to remember Chastain mentioning further life for Doll's House, and ther

London- West End Help/Recommendations  May 18 2023, 07:48:14 PM

If you’re Agatha Christie fans, Witness for the Prosecution is on at County Hall (near the London Eye). I couldn’t speak to the acting, but the courtroom setting is excellent.

London Theater Trip July 28-August 7 Help  May 18 2023, 07:38:11 PM

Glad you’ve added Mincemeat as that would have been my number one recommendation. Newsies is fun and high energy but it’s a bit of a trek from central London, and the accents are a bit dodgy if you’re American. I’d wait on Cabaret - the experience is fun no matter who they cast and I’m not a Maude Apatow fan either. The Motive and the Cue is great (except for Tupppence Middleton who is miscast as Elizabeth Taylor (although I’m not sure who really could play

PRIMA FACIE Reviews  Apr 24 2023, 07:01:55 AM

Green is certainly within his rights to think that Comer is stronger than the play (and not alone in doing so) but his comments about her Liverpool accent were pretty offensive (it’s neither “peculiar,” nor a “twang,” nor really similar to the Beatles, as accents change over time).

Mike Faist, Lucas Hedges to star in BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN stage play in London  Mar 21 2023, 12:42:54 AM

Sorry, just meant that he is out and proud and a complete romantic hero beloved by all Bridgerton fans of my acquaintance. 

Mike Faist, Lucas Hedges to star in BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN stage play in London  Mar 21 2023, 12:26:31 AM

Have to agree. Also, just wanted to bring up Jonathan Bailey, as a general matter.

People Leaving at Intermission  Nov 18 2017, 08:04:11 PM

I now understand US politics over the past year.

THE BAND's VISIT Reviews  Nov 12 2017, 08:46:53 AM

poisonivy2 said: "I think I got all the subtexts of The Band's Visit. The loneliness, the regret, the life choices, and the crossing of cultural and linguistic divides through music. I mean it's not THAT subtle: "Answer Me" is one big long cry of loneliness, and music soothes the crying baby to sleep and the quarreling couple to a reconciliation. Music connects Dina and Tewfiq. I just didn't think the musical came together all that well. I felt like there were s

Caroline, or Change:  Aug 20 2017, 05:25:33 PM

The Chichester production was excellent. (Except for some of the accents). Sharon D Clarke is a phenomenal singer and a pretty good actor and did a great job, but my God, I'd love to see Patina Miller in this part.

Which Shows Do You NOT Want To Be Revived?  Aug 20 2017, 04:56:25 PM

Pippin. Christ, that's a trite show.

Need suggestion for show please  Aug 16 2017, 12:55:23 PM

Come From Away is very popular with theatregoers of all ages, but it seems especially popular with seniors. I  would recommend it to your group. 

Unpopular Opinions  Aug 14 2017, 09:09:36 PM

ArtMan said: "I don't get the love for the current Hello Dolly revival.  I saw it.  I was entertained.  I have no desire to see it again and certainly not multiple times. And those prices?  No way!!!!!"

Yes yes yes this 100%. I do not understand the hype. (And I got the hype for Hamilton, BoM, etc etc.) Dolly was good. I was entertained. I was not $750 worth of entertained. 

Riedel on more Comet Drama  Aug 9 2017, 05:41:48 AM

That's not shade. That's a straight up burn.

Riedel on more Comet Drama  Aug 9 2017, 04:42:50 AM

Sure, I don't disagree with that. But it makes no sense to say that Groban "didn't deliver a large enough audience" when he clearly did. He can't be blamed for the failings of the show itself or its producers.

Riedel on more Comet Drama  Aug 9 2017, 04:17:18 AM

What? No one was expecting Groban to deliver a Midler audience. He did exactly what he was supposed to and kept the show going as long as he was there. Not even Midler could keep a show going after she leaves. I have seen Groban sing before and I love his voice (I'm not a big fan as I generally hate the material he chooses to sing, except the musical theatre songs). I was not expecting much from his acting, and as a great fan of War and Peace, he blew me away. He represented Pie

BREAKING: Mandy Patinkin Withdraws from THE GREAT COMET  Jul 28 2017, 07:55:02 PM

VotePeron said: "No offense to him, but Oak's "opinion" on Mandy means N O T H I N G. Again, Oak is an employee who signed a contract and wasn't even being let out of it - he was going to be paid!

I'm not saying this wasn't handled correctly, but I am saying that we have got to STOP putting the weight of this disaster on whether or not Oak was ok with it. If shows only ever followed suit with what actors were and were not ok with, it would be cala

BREAKING: Mandy Patinkin Withdraws from THE GREAT COMET  Jul 28 2017, 06:49:58 PM

schubox said: "And now there's this

https://twitter.com/GreatCometBway/status/891062785697861636
"

That is appallingly tone-deaf. This is in no way Oak's fault. Even Malloy's statement was disingenuous, as there is no possible equivalence between an easily explained "vacation" and getting rid of your star three weeks early. All of this stinks to high heaven.

Unpopular Opinions  Jun 28 2017, 02:09:16 PM

I've been lurking for a long, long time and only started regularly commenting recently. In my opinion, the board is no more confrontational now than it has ever been. The difficulty comes (as it always does) when people state their opinions as facts and/or cannot bear to hear any criticism of their favourite shows.

best songs in come from away?  Jun 15 2017, 08:27:43 PM

And all of that is fine. You don't have to love it. You don't have to find it a well written show. What you do have to do is acknowledge where there are rules and where there are not rules. 

I was in NYC. I was in lower Manhattan. I was evacuated from my office. I ran up FDR Drive, with the debris falling down. I lost people who I knew and with whom I went to college. I looked back, as the second tower came down, and was pushed over by other fleeing people. The fire i

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You