News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Dear Evan Hansen View From Seat Question

Dear Evan Hansen View From Seat Question

everypassingfad
#1Dear Evan Hansen View From Seat Question
Posted: 6/14/17 at 2:30pm

I recently purchased tickets for Dear Evan Hansen: Mezzanine Right Row F seats 24/26. They were not listed as obstructed or partial view when I purchased them but the tickets say: MEZZO on them and I am worried the O stands for obstructed.

Can anyone confirm this? I know the sound board is in one of the boxes so I am worried that it may be an obstruction.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Dear Evan Hansen View From Seat Question
Posted: 6/14/17 at 2:38pm

No, it doesnt mean obstructed, you will be fine.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

everypassingfad
#3Dear Evan Hansen View From Seat Question
Posted: 6/14/17 at 2:51pm

Wonderful, thank you! Just out of curiosity do you know what the O stands for?

dramamama611
#4Dear Evan Hansen View From Seat Question
Posted: 6/14/17 at 2:53pm

I think it's just an abbreviation.  (I've definitely seen it on other tickets.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

bfreak
#5Dear Evan Hansen View From Seat Question
Posted: 6/14/17 at 3:09pm

The O simply represents that it's a side seat and not center. I don't know why it's O and it makes no sense that they wouldn't just have Rs and Ls but for whatever reason that's all it is. They shouldn't be obstructed really, you might just miss a few simple projections on the side that don't matter at all. Enjoy! 

dramamama611
#6Dear Evan Hansen View From Seat Question
Posted: 6/14/17 at 3:13pm

That thought entered my mind, bfreak....it's likely an quicker eye recognition for the ushers (?)

everypassingfad
#7Dear Evan Hansen View From Seat Question
Posted: 6/14/17 at 4:27pm

Thank you for your help! It is much appreciated!

SFFrontRow
#8Dear Evan Hansen View From Seat Question
Posted: 6/14/17 at 4:39pm

Those seats in row A were "obstructed" as the sound or light board is in the box. I talked with the couple before the show and at intermission, and they were happy with the seats. Since you are in row F, I assume that obstruction is not in your sight line.

As for action in that side of the stage, there is only ONE instance of action that you may miss toward the end, and it is just one character coming on stage and catching Evan Hansen's attention. Only a momentary aside that does not ruin the moment. I think there is one additional moment where his mom walks to a piece of furniture on that side as she is talking to Evan. And you miss nothing on that piece of action.

I get last seat in Mezz for many shows (Come from Away being one of them). Don't stress, they are great seats.

Marway44 Profile Photo
Marway44
#9Dear Evan Hansen View From Seat Question
Posted: 6/14/17 at 4:58pm

The "O" stands for odd. If you were on the other side it would say "E". It's just a quick identifier for the ushers. Enjoy the show!

bmj243
#10Dear Evan Hansen View From Seat Question
Posted: 6/14/17 at 6:04pm

I'm looking at the same seats in Row C. Does anyone know if that is considered obstructed view like row A, or if that view will be okay? I'm worried about seeing Rachel Bay Jones in her number, as I heard that happens a little further upstage. 

bexplex
#11Dear Evan Hansen View From Seat Question
Posted: 6/14/17 at 7:04pm

I had box seats today and it said partial view and had an amazing view and time today. 

greenifyme2
#12Dear Evan Hansen View From Seat Question
Posted: 6/14/17 at 7:29pm

bexplex said: "I had box seats today and it said partial view and had an amazing view and time today. 

"How did you get your box seats, did you wait in line overnight?

bexplex
#13Dear Evan Hansen View From Seat Question
Posted: 6/14/17 at 7:58pm

greenifyme2 said: "bexplex said: "I had box seats today and it said partial view and had an amazing view and time today. 

"How did you get your box seats, did you wait in line overnight?

"

Yes about 10 hours. 

Videos