Waitress on Tour

BwayLB
#100Waitress on Tour
Posted: 10/21/18 at 9:33am

I’m seeing the show November 17th in Costa Mesa

MauraLovesMusicals
#101Waitress on Tour
Posted: 10/21/18 at 10:39am

i saw the show when it was in columbus and it was a strange mix of the cast and crew trying to get in rhythm, if that makes sense? i had heard from other people that they had to call on a standby a couple of times because desi had become sick. she was the jenna at my performance though. she was spot on for me, i love the way she portrayed jenna and it’s actually one of my favorites but i did hear that she had some issues with pitch later that weekend. 

this next part needs a little explanation of the set so stay with me. in bad idea reprise, there are three moving set pieces with one of the three couples on each of them (becky on the diner counter, jenna on the hospital bed, dawn in the chair). they all move off of the stage towards the end of the song. well, dawn and jenna’s set pieces crashed into each other and they couldn’t fix it themselves. so the stage manager calls for the curtain to go down so they can fix it. but jeremy (who plays ogie) was on the ground for this part and the curtain nearly fell on him. he ducked out and awkwardly went “bye?”. then they hosted a five minute intermission so they could reset the stage.

everything else went smoothly after that (except for the drunk women next to me who kept getting up to pee). 

BwayLB
#102Waitress on Tour
Posted: 11/17/18 at 10:45pm

Im back. Waitress was emotionally intimate, occasionally funny and refreshingly beautiful. Christine Dwyer as Jenna was a natural. The music by Sara Bareilles is beautifully whimsical. Having Christine and her husband Matt DeAngelis as Earl added an interesting touch. The LOL standouts were Jessie Shelton as Dawn and Jeremy Morse as Ogie. Banter between songs was a bit over the top! No wonder this show lost to Hamilton!