News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BwayLB

Member Name: BwayLB
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ON YOUR FEET! movie musical/musical biopic in development  Apr 24 2024, 05:08:59 PM

The 2018 national tour was spectacular. I can’t believe this is happening. Just get us a good singer and I’ll buy a ticket.

Hairspray (Revival)  Apr 17 2024, 09:50:14 PM

Give myself another 5-10 years before I feel in the mood sitting through another production. But Hairspray was one of my first musical obsessions. To be exact, the first musical I’ve seen since Wicked ignited my love of musicals!

Chu developing CRAZY RICH ASIANS musical  Apr 17 2024, 10:23:56 AM

rosscoe(au) said: "Spoilers for those that haven’t seen the film. I really wished the film ended on a down beat note, just after the Mahjong game, with her winning and it ending with that stunning speech about how every time she looks at him, she’ll know he’s sad. The film worked brilliantly for me up till the tacky happy ending on the aircraft. Of course that’s not how Hollywood works."

With how creatively corrupt cinema has bec

Chu developing CRAZY RICH ASIANS musical  Apr 17 2024, 09:38:21 AM

broadwayboy223 said: "Wonder if Chu is pivoting to this because the sequel isn't moving forward."

Or with his film adaptation of Joseph being shelved

Chu developing CRAZY RICH ASIANS musical  Apr 17 2024, 09:27:15 AM

I can’t believe this is happening. I discovered the movie during lockdown. Good movie but the Asian jokes went over my head

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 10 2024, 09:17:04 PM

^ Now this I didn’t see coming

Happy Feet on Broadway?  Apr 5 2024, 10:48:28 PM

I hate to double post. But I want to say if the developments are true, I would be eager if it was the late 2000’s or early 2010’s again. I haven’t seen the movie since around that time which is forever ago!

Funny Girl National Tour LA stop  Apr 5 2024, 10:02:30 AM

I got tickets going June 1st in Costa Mesa. I’m crossing my fingers I’ll enjoy it as well.

Happy Feet on Broadway?  Apr 3 2024, 11:04:08 PM

^ Almost fooled me

Disney's CRUELLA and ENCHANTED becoming stage musicals?  Apr 3 2024, 11:02:41 PM

^ First of all, that almost fooled me into thinking something was going to happen. Secondly it’s going to take more than those beautiful songs to get me to want to see Enchanted on stage

Happy Feet on Broadway?  Apr 3 2024, 01:01:01 PM

seaweedjstubbs said: "That film hasn’t really had much staying power over the years. The original film was pretty fun, but the environmental message felt VERY forced and kind of out of left field. The sequel didn’t do as well at the box office and wasn’t well received by critics. I don’t think it would be a wise decision to put it on stage."

The environmental message is one of few reasons  shut it all out of my life sin

Happy Feet on Broadway?  Apr 3 2024, 11:38:56 AM

^ I’ll believe it when I see it! I mean I would be eager if it was the 2010’s again. But since I outgrew the movies ever since then, who knows what my mindset will be.

Happy 10th Anniversary, ALADDIN!  Mar 20 2024, 11:54:33 AM

The last time I saw the show it was in Costa Mesa back in 2019. Major Attaway as the Genie was the TRUE star of the show

Feedback on Funny Girl National Tour  Feb 24 2024, 02:23:08 PM

I’m planning on buying tickets for the Costa Mesa engagement of Funny Girl. I’m requesting feedback if I should go see it or not. Please let it be worth reviving after so many years.

Disney developing TANGLED stage musical  Feb 15 2024, 09:25:01 AM

One 2000’s Disney movie that would be good for Broadway is Brother Bear.

Wicked Movie Musical Teaser  Feb 12 2024, 12:53:09 PM

Looks gorgeous visually! But I’m reserving my judgement on everything else until November

Musical or Play for Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman  Feb 12 2024, 12:45:48 PM

I’m not sure if I would want to see Ryan in another musical after Spirited. It depends on the material

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Jan 25 2024, 01:47:11 AM

^ I hope so too. It’s making me wish the Pantages engagement can come sooner before the movie! I’ve been overdue to revisit the stage version for a while.

Robbie and Gerwig tease possible BARBIE musical  Jan 6 2024, 01:07:02 PM

UrNotAMachine said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "That being said, I would love to see Greta direct a true movie musical."

I'd love to see her direct a film of the gender-flipped Company revival. Her husband already considered making a Company movie with Adam Driver before that idea became "Marriage Story"

I rather see her do Hello Dolly but with Bette Midler as Dolly

Robbie and Gerwig tease possible BARBIE musical  Jan 6 2024, 09:39:39 AM

I would go for it as long as done right!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You