News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BwayLB

Member Name: BwayLB
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Frozen Tour
 Jul 11 2024, 10:11:48 AM

QueenTwinnied said: "Interesting, I didn’t know about the regional productions.

I’d love to see how other productions stage Let it Go
"

McCoy/Rigby in La Mirada is doing the show next summer

Revised THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE in Japan
 Jul 10 2024, 10:34:29 AM

^ It’s been a couple years since I saw the movie I got mixed up. And both countries are on the same continent.

Jul 10 2024, 09:45:55 AM

^ I’ve seen better movies where its age is not showing too much. And I’m not just talking Julie Andrews filmography. Until TMM, I never imagined being disappointed with one of her flicks. Not every movie musical can be Mary Poppins. If I choose to see TMM on stage, maybe it’ll be better.

Jul 10 2024, 09:37:00 AM

I admit when I discovered the original movie during lockdown, I wasn’t a fan of the Japanese slavery subplot

Newsies at Musical Theatre West
 Jul 8 2024, 11:35:36 PM

I’m open to your experiences with Newsies 

Newsies at Musical Theatre West
 Jul 8 2024, 01:43:32 PM

I got tickets for this Sunday’s matinee of Newsies at Musical Theatre West in Long Beach. After three viewings of the Hollywood Pantages proshot, I’m so happy I get to see the show in person. I want to hear if the proshot does the experience justice!

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 Jul 4 2024, 04:32:30 PM

^ Point taken. I just didn’t think Powell would do it. Wicked and Happy Feet were part of my musical theatre geek baby steps

Jul 4 2024, 09:11:51 AM

^ Another surprising behind the scenes development!

DOUBTFIRE tour recoups
 Jun 6 2024, 09:37:25 AM

The tour has to be something good to see. If not I can wait until the show plays regional theaters

National Tour Vs Regional Theatre
 Jun 2 2024, 03:41:11 PM

In terms of regional companies, I’ve seen Musical Theatre West in Long Beach and McCoy Rigby in La Mirada

National Tour Vs Regional Theatre
 Jun 2 2024, 01:37:51 PM

In over 15 years that I’ve been attending theatre here in California, I’ve had my fair share of attending some national tours and occasional regional theatre. Just yesterday, I saw Funny Girl in Costa Mesa. And it was my first time seeing a touring production since Anastasia in 2019. But now I would like to ask today which one of the two you prefer?

Mrs Doubtfire Tour Feedback
 May 16 2024, 11:27:55 AM

^ I only saw a bit of That’s Daniel from a “slime tutorial”.

Mrs Doubtfire Tour Feedback
 May 15 2024, 08:35:56 PM

I’m thinking of getting Mrs Doubtfire tickets this fall in Costa Mesa. I would like feedback if the tour is worth the revisions since the Broadway run. Just to help make up my mind

May 15 2024, 12:33:39 PM

The casting, the sets, the costumes, the vocals. They are oh so beautiful. I admit movie musicals are hit and miss these days. But this one they can’t screw up

May 13 2024, 02:27:01 PM

I can feel Cynthia and Ariana’s passion! The more excitement from these videos the scarier it is to see this movie compete with Moana 2.

May 13 2024, 09:57:19 AM

I finally watched the movie on Max last night. It was a little bit below what I expected. While the cast is sensational and the story is timely as ever, the musical sequences were often too short gone by too quick for my liking. Fantasia proves she still got it especially with I’m Here. It just wasn’t enough to overcome its shortcomings.

ON YOUR FEET! movie musical/musical biopic in development
 Apr 24 2024, 05:08:59 PM

The 2018 national tour was spectacular. I can’t believe this is happening. Just get us a good singer and I’ll buy a ticket.

Hairspray (Revival)
 Apr 17 2024, 09:50:14 PM

Give myself another 5-10 years before I feel in the mood sitting through another production. But Hairspray was one of my first musical obsessions. To be exact, the first musical I’ve seen since Wicked ignited my love of musicals!

Chu developing CRAZY RICH ASIANS musical
 Apr 17 2024, 10:23:56 AM

rosscoe(au) said: "Spoilers for those that haven’t seen the film. I really wished the film ended on a down beat note, just after the Mahjong game, with her winning and it ending with that stunning speech about how every time she looks at him, she’ll know he’s sad. The film worked brilliantly for me up till the tacky happy ending on the aircraft. Of course that’s not how Hollywood works."

With how creatively corrupt cinema has bec

Chu developing CRAZY RICH ASIANS musical
 Apr 17 2024, 09:38:21 AM

broadwayboy223 said: "Wonder if Chu is pivoting to this because the sequel isn't moving forward."

Or with his film adaptation of Joseph being shelved

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You