pixeltracker

Which of these popular shows will close first?- Page 2

Which of these popular shows will close first?

asoftplacetoland Profile Photo
asoftplacetoland
#25Which of these popular shows will close first?
Posted: 7/28/17 at 1:41pm

I just can't imagine Phantom not being on Broadway. It's just always been there lol. 

LxGstv
#26Which of these popular shows will close first?
Posted: 7/28/17 at 2:06pm

Phantom4ever said: "Curious as to what a fair share of 60 million tourists is? 

"

I don't recall saying I meet a fair share of ALL the tourists that come into the city... in fact, I started by saying I can't speak for every tourist... what I was simply stating is that I do get to meet a reasonable amount of tourists, that's all.

MyLife
#27Which of these popular shows will close first?
Posted: 7/28/17 at 2:51pm

With Hamilton soon having 4 North American productions and one in London all running at the same time, I can't help but agree that it will fall int he middle of this list like most others have suggested. It's great that they're increasing access to other parts of the country but it will definitely have an effect on the New York production down the line. Seems like the producers are going looking to maximize profits as quickly as possible, rather than trying to outrun POTO and Wicked.  .

BroadwayPrincess3 Profile Photo
BroadwayPrincess3
#28Which of these popular shows will close first?
Posted: 7/29/17 at 12:23am

The thing with Wicked is that it will always appeal to a large demographic because of the nature of Elphaba and G(a)linda. As the show gets older, there will always be those teens/YA that see themselves in the two leads, and so I can't see it closing any time soon.

Personally POTO never appealed to me much, but I think when people don't know much about b'way, that's the show they automatically gravitate to. So again, though I think it seems cheesy and overdone, it's still an easy pick for those just wanting to see a show. 

Anyways, point being;

1. BOM (I LOVE this show, but you never know with the SJW out there. I'm looking at you, Great Comet)

2. Hamilton 

3. POTO

4. Lion King (Though I can see Disney bumping it out should a good moneymaking opportunity shows)

5. Wicked 

and of course as others said, if Chicago was on this list, it'd be #1