News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayPrincess3

BroadwayPrincess3 Profile Photo
Member Name: BroadwayPrincess3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ANASTASIA Sets March 31st Closing Date
 Feb 7 2019, 10:53:59 PM

VintageSnarker said: "GiantsInTheSky2 said:Ideally I would have liked if the ending was more of a twist. The happily-ever-after, almost-identical to Wicked ending is boring.It would have been more interesting had they tied in the original ending of Anya/Anna Anderson,which is that after she died it wasdiscovered that she was a fraud with no DNA ties to the family, and a few decades later they found the missing daughter buried with thebrother.I think that would have been a great s

Feb 7 2019, 03:07:54 PM

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "
Back to the actual discussion...Christy’s performance was wonderful,but I also think that a number of people could have done the role justice. I think Laura Osnes could have been a good Anya as well.“

I personally think Osnes doesn’t quite have the grit and the comedy to do Anya. I think she’s a lovely performer, but I don’t know Anastasia would be in her wheelhouse. She made a perfect Cinderella bec

Feb 6 2019, 07:45:06 PM

dfrillsnedit said: "Wick3 said: "I wish they produced this musical back in the late 90s or early 00s when the animated feature film was more popular.

Regardless it had a good run. I saw the show twice and enjoyed it but did feel parts seemed too long and was confused at first with the Gleb character since I didn't remember him from the animated film.
"

Yeah, I've seen the show three times, and still I find anytime that Anya, Vlad, Dimit

When a actor is put on vocal rest.
 Feb 6 2019, 07:11:35 PM

HereAndThere2 said: "RippedMan said: "Steaming is a big thing now too.

I attended a Betty Buckley concert a few years back. My seat was very near the stage. On a table next to her was a cup of hot tea. I knew it was tea, because I was close enough to smell it. She sipped the tea now and then, and made a comment to the effect that the tea was for her voice. I have no way of knowing, but I would not be surprised ifshe has a cup of hot tea waiting fo

Vanessa Hudgens Wicked?
 Jan 29 2019, 08:35:43 PM
Why can’t we just cast broadway people for broadway roles and then leave the stunt casting to the other characters? (This is more in reference to the movie).

I think Hudgens would actually make a nice Nessa.

Mary Poppins Returns - Crowding Lyrics, Weary Watchers
 Dec 26 2018, 10:29:17 PM
I agree with the Lin miscast. Whenever I see him in something, its like he never embodies the character. I just see Lin.
Emily Blunt was amazing though. She sang better than I expected her to.

Amanda Jane Cooper in WICKED
 Dec 17 2018, 03:27:51 PM
Definitely not my favourite. I’ve seen the show four times, and two of those were with Amanda as Glinda. She’s just kind of there. Serviceable is probably a good word. She was fine on the tour, but on broadway with Jackie Burns she floundered. I’m also not a big fan of Glindas who reuse previous Glinda inflections constantly. I know it’s hard considering how old the show is, but I do get tired of the Ali Mauzey *grab your leg and lift it to your forehead with a “yesssss”*.

Cody Simpson to make Broadway debut in Anastasia as Dmitry
 Dec 13 2018, 08:50:16 PM

BroadwayRox3588 said: "That shouldn't start more drama, but who knows? Earlier this week, conversations about actor attendance escalated to the point of the entire board getting shut down for a night."

We should be good unless Cody screenshots some posts and tweets them. /s 

Dec 12 2018, 11:49:56 AM

darreyl102 said: "His casting did surprise me because I just don't think he looks like Dimitri. This is going to come across kind of shallow but he just doesn't seem to have the looks of a handsome leading man that I feel like Dimitri is supposed to be. I don't know.."

I really think Anastasia was just one of those movies where the appearance of the characters seemed to matter more. A big part of Dmitri’s appeal in the 90s was that cute, floppy brow

Broadway Princess Party
 Dec 10 2018, 10:07:12 AM
Surprised there hasn’t been a more recent thread on this. The BPP has been touring the US for a few months now. Has anyone seen it? Worth going? What do you think about the contest on Instagram?
 Dec 3 2018, 09:53:18 AM

And on that note, has anyone seen him in the show? We've barely discussed it. I know they optioned down My Petersburg, which I'm not a huge fan of, but I'm not surprised. They also changed his pyjamas during IACOT to give him long sleeves. But I obviously haven't seen the show, so can someone weigh in? 

Dec 1 2018, 06:19:50 PM

I think it goes to show just how bad stan twitter has gotten just within the past few years. I hate to go back to Cinderella, but when people found out Carly Rae Jepsen was taking over, they were upset, but I didn’t see half the things being said now. Now screenshots and comparisons and everything else are popping up on every social media site imaginable. And that was replacing the love interest! I can’t imagine if they had stunt casted Anastasia herself. It would’

Nov 30 2018, 07:47:39 PM

Nov 30 2018, 05:22:53 PM

Nov 30 2018, 03:06:51 PM

lgoody117 said: "I don't think anyone is surprised by these reviews. Hopefully he improves over time.

BroadwayPrincess3 said: "It doesn't look like he's been on any of Christy's lives either, which is strange to me. He's got that same break, and it would be good for not only befriending the cast, but being exposed to Christy's audience as well. Everyone gathers in Christy's room, or at least stops by to say hi. Is he just holed up in hi

Nov 30 2018, 02:49:02 PM

It doesn't look like he's been on any of Christy's lives either, which is strange to me. He's got that same break, and it would be good for not only befriending the cast, but being exposed to Christy's audience as well. Everyone gathers in Christy's room, or at least stops by to say hi. Is he just holed up in his dressing room waiting to do In a Crowd of Thousands?

(Granted, I usually don't catch her lives until she's done, and I tap through it, but I do

Nov 30 2018, 11:16:22 AM
Anyone else have anything to say on it? It seems like no one is interested at all. And yeah, that picture of his bow looks soooo uncomfortable. Did he have any chemistry with Christy at all?
 Nov 27 2018, 06:38:27 PM

MannPhan24601 said: "He starts on Thursday . He seemes to be tweeting more about his new music than making his Broadway debut ....Don't see much talk about it so I guess people forgot ? "

It’s not a “stunt cast” people are interested in, that’s for sure. It might’ve been better if everyone hated the casting. Nothing is worse in this business than apathy.  People are willing to go see a stunt cast in hopes of them being as awful

re: Real Actors Do Spit
 Nov 26 2018, 12:08:58 PM

hulaboy said: "We saw Newsies on Broadway a few years ago. Sat in first Row far stage left (thank you TKTS). Jeremy Jordan and the ENTIRE lead cast absolutely showered each other through the whole show.

Sitting that close, from the side angle, it was disgusting, shocking, and absurd; we couldn’t even get into the story of the show because it was so distracting.

We’d seen more than 20 musicals by that time, but never sat that close and we were shocked

Unsee Me
 Nov 21 2018, 10:43:37 PM
The Red Room version of Legally Blonde.

(Actually, I’d kill to see the full recording. It cracks me up every time.)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You