pixeltracker

Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL- Page 6

Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#125Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/17/17 at 3:27am

Soaring29 said: "She might be too old for it now, but does anybody think Idina Mendel could play Fanny?"

Keep that screaming shrill woman away 

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#126Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/17/17 at 7:17am

Actually, no, it wouldn’t be easy for Ryan Murphy to get the rights back because somebody else - Sonia Friedman, a powerful and revered West End and Broadway producer- who actually has produced the show successfully now in London also has the North American first class rights.

Murphy would either have to wait for Friedman's option to expire, which could be 5 to 10 years, or he would have to essentially buy her out, with the participation and support of the estate.

The London production is getting ready to tour the UK, and is likely making money for the estate, so there is no reason to believe they would be eager to see the rights go back to Murphy who never got his production off the ground.

Long story short, if Lea still wants to do the role on Broadway, the person she needs to be cozying up to is not Ryan Murphy but Sonia Friedman.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”
Updated On: 10/17/17 at 07:17 AM

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#127Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/17/17 at 11:11am

I'm sure Sheridan had something going for her, but honestly the score needs a singers voice. It takes me out of a performance when an actor is struggling vocally.

She didn't struggle at all when I saw her.  And her antics in You Are Woman had us rolling.  My only objection with the production was the inclusion of Temporary Arrangement.  There truly is no need for the number, but the staging and choreography only made it worse.  I hope they cut it for the tour.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian