pixeltracker

Shows You Grew to Dislike After Being Involved With a Production of It? - Page 3

Shows You Grew to Dislike After Being Involved With a Production of It?

shrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
lifeboat Profile Photo
lifeboat
#51Shows You Grew to Dislike After Being Involved With a Production of It?
Posted: 2/13/18 at 11:18am

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Last year, I did the show with my local theatre group and I can't stand it anymore. 

what makes a monster, and what makes a man?

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#52Shows You Grew to Dislike After Being Involved With a Production of It?
Posted: 2/13/18 at 11:27am

jessepp said: "RENT. Mark and Roger choosing to be homeless and all the while avoiding calls from their parents asking what they want for xmas. No thanks. I'll take Harold Hill any day. He may be a liar, but he admits it."

^^ This. Played Mark several years ago, grew to hate every minute of it.

Alex Kulak2
#53Shows You Grew to Dislike After Being Involved With a Production of It?
Posted: 2/13/18 at 11:43am

Oklahoma. I had been reading for years about how the show is a landmark in the history of musical theatre, and how it redefined the way story-telling was done through song and speech, but then you actually see the show, and it's a 3 hour dirge about taking a girl to the party. The only way to get any deeper meaning out of it is to do some criminal levels of straw grasping. Nevertheless, I still enjoy some of the songs

#54Shows You Grew to Dislike After Being Involved With a Production of It?
Posted: 2/13/18 at 1:42pm

Annie.  Every time we rehearsed and performed the show, it grew more and more insipid.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#55Shows You Grew to Dislike After Being Involved With a Production of It?
Posted: 2/13/18 at 3:51pm

Mark and Roger choosing to be homeless and all the while avoiding calls from their parents asking what they want for xmas.

They didn't "choose to be homeless".  Twenty-somethings often screen calls from their parents and only Mark's mother says "hope you liked the hot plate".  Neither of their parents asks either of them what they want for Christmas.  Are you sure you've performed the show?  Or have ever seen the stage production?  That sounds like an assessment after having half-watched the movie version once and making assumptions as to why you didn't like it.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Videos