News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadway86

broadway86 Profile Photo
Member Name: broadway86
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ILLINOISE Reviews  Apr 29 2024, 11:10:54 AM

Saw this last night and it was just extraordinary. Pure theatre. So deceptively simple, to the point where you don't even know what's hitting you or why. It reminded me of Girl from the North Country, where the music is meant to evoke the emotions and inner workings of the characters, rather than a literal 1-to-1 of their exact thoughts. 

The vocalists were unbelievable, with jaw-dropping moments from Elijah Lyons and Shara Nova. Dancers, needless to say, are

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 25 2024, 11:55:54 AM

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "I do think one of the favorites in Lead Actress will be snubbed though. Maybe Eden. Maybe Gayle."

With most reviews singling Gayle out as a weak spot, I get the impression she'll be left out.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 22 2024, 02:23:34 PM

Matt Rogers said: "And am I crazy, but aren’t we supposed to find out that Sally had an abortion BEFORE she screeches thetitle song and not after? So we know why she is so unhinged while singing it?"

I saw the production in London, and I agree with all of your points, but this is inaccurate. That scene has always been placed after the title song.

Your other criticisms are 100% valid though.

Jim Parsons, Katie Holmes, Zoey Deutch to Star in ‘Our Town’ Revival on Broadway  Apr 3 2024, 11:30:01 AM

CurtainsUpat8 said: "I love Jim Parsons, but with Richard Thomas in the cast... I think I'd rather see Richard Thomas as the Stage Manager."

1000%, and I feel like Parsons and Holmes would be a much better match as the Webb's too. Odd choices there.

APPROPRIATE -- Rush Question  Dec 21 2023, 11:18:20 AM

spicemonkey said: "did they show you the seat location when you got the rush ticket? I know for some shows they do, like & Juliet - I really like that feature"

Not yet, but it's possible that I'll get a seat location a few hours before the show.

APPROPRIATE -- Rush Question  Dec 21 2023, 09:53:10 AM

I tried mobile rush this morning, my first time for this production, and got a ticket.

At first, it said all tickets were being held, I just kept hitting 1 seat until (assumedly) the people holding them reconsidered, and I got in.

Leading Roles that Don't Really Do Much/Featured Roles that Do A Ton  Jul 27 2023, 11:08:37 AM

I played Booth in Assassins very recently. Excellent role with great material, but I was surprised that his role is only in the first and final 20 minutes. There is nearly an hour in the middle where he's not onstage.

Rate the Tony Award Winners for Best Musical from 1 to 5 Stars  Jun 14 2023, 04:45:37 PM

Kimberly Akimbo 3/5

Strange Loop 5/5

Moulin Rouge 1.5/5

Hadestown 5/5

Band's Visit 4.5/5

Evan Hanson (haven't seen it) 2/5

Hamilton 5/5

Fun Home 4/5

Gentleman's Guide 3.5/5

Kinky Boots 4/5

Once 4/5

Book of Mormon 2.5/5

Memphis 2.5/5

Billy Elliot 3.5/5

In the Heights 4/5

Spring Awakening 4

Jersey Boys 3.5/5

INTO THE WOODS Tops Broadway.com Audience Choice Award Winners  May 24 2023, 03:59:30 PM

Bareilles and McDonald won favorite performances overall, but not in their respective categories? Interesting.

The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)  May 2 2023, 09:56:24 AM

Solid list, minus the exclusions of Burnap, Soo, and Matarazzo.

Why was Victor/Victoria shut out of the Tony Awards?  Apr 20 2023, 12:58:25 PM

At the very least, the sets, costumes, and Rachel York deserved nominations, in addition to Dame Julie.

Sorkin and Sher to revive CAMELOT for Broadway  Apr 13 2023, 09:52:17 AM

Saw it last night, full cast was in aside from one ensemble member. Outstanding performances by Burnap, Soo, and Donica. Beautifully sung and orchestrated, very impressive sword choreography, the costumes and rear projections were astounding. The acting of Burnap and Soo in particular was what stuck with me the most, they were just fantastic and affecting from start to finish.

But I have to agree that the production is on the anemic side when competing with the vastness of the Beaumont

Matinee Performances  Feb 6 2023, 11:55:34 AM

Unless Stephanie, her social media, or the production specifically mentioned that she wouldn't appear at the matinee, I'm curious why your friend would say that.

To answer your question, I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to it. I've seen many matinee performances with a full cast, and many evening performances with at least one principal understudy.

Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023  Nov 1 2022, 02:04:44 PM

Burnap gave one of the greatest stage performances I've ever seen in The Inheritance. So excited to see him in such a completely different context.

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)  Aug 18 2022, 11:14:39 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "I’m sure her contract had certain stipulations were incorporated including Actor’s Equity. I know Uma Thurman had this in her contract for THE PARISIAN WOMAN."

I'm curious, what was the stipulation in Thurman's contract?

Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl  Aug 16 2022, 09:38:39 AM

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "How is Jeremiah James doing as Nick Arnstein?"

I thought he gave Arnstein lots of inherent charm and wrung as much depth and variation as possible. He sang beautifully, and his scenes with Benko really popped. Palpable chemistry between them, you could tell that they both had performed these roles often enough to feel completely at ease.

Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl  Aug 12 2022, 11:57:26 AM

I wrote this in another thread without realizing this one existed. Caught Julie's performance Wednesday night, and she was truly outstanding. Carried the show with charisma, charm, and simply a jaw-dropping performance. She is worth the whole thing.

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)  Aug 11 2022, 03:00:12 PM

Finally saw the show last night. Decent production, rather drab in act 2, but with some very bright spots throughout, namely Julie Benko. I had heard she was excellent, but I was not expecting a star turn this hilarious, finely tuned, and goosebumps-inducing.

Jeremiah James (on for Nick Arnstein) and Jared Grimes were also excellent. Jane Lynch had some enjoyable moments, but seemed to be phoning it in more often than not. If you haven't seen the show, it is worth seeing for Benko

INTO THE WOODS Previews  Jul 11 2022, 03:22:00 PM

Adding to the acclaim for Jason Forbach, caught his debut performance on Saturday. Initially disappointed that BDJ was unable to perform, but Jason immediately won us over and his chemistry with Sara was palpable, made it seem like he has been doing this role full-time. The whole cast was *chef's kiss* perfection.

The Official TDF Thread  Jun 30 2022, 11:28:44 AM

rife97 said: "Anyone see Phantom recently and could report on seat locations? Wondering where seats are, I see it says MEZZ on TDF site. Purchased for an upcoming matinee!"

My partner and I got row M, center orchestra, a couple weeks ago.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You