News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Alex Kulak2

Member Name: Alex Kulak2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Ragtime at City Center
 Jul 24 2024, 12:34:57 PM

Kad said: "Voter said: "So does this mean The Connector will transfer in the spring or summer if Ross is still attached to lead it still?"

The Connector isn’t transferring.

and re: Suffs- Emma Goldman is not a large role. Taub will only need to take the weeks of Ragtime off.
"

She also played Emma Goldman in a concert on Ellis Island back in 2016.

A Knight’s Tale Musical to Premiere in 2025
 Jul 23 2024, 08:32:54 AM

Jukebox musicals are bad enough, but Jukebox musicals based on popular movies are the death of musical theatre. They bring exactly nothing new into the world but demand money and attention as if they did.

JRB Teases
 Jul 17 2024, 01:16:54 PM

We were all wrong. A Concert at Carnegie Hall in October with a 22-piece orchestra.

I must admit, that is pretty huge.

JRB Teases "Something Huge Coming Tomorrow"
 Jul 16 2024, 01:02:30 PM

In his latest email blast, JRB plugs Midnight in the Garden and his other recent projects (The Connector and the revival of The Last Five Years) and at the end, adds this:

"...we're getting ready for a huge announcement tomorrow, and then all hell is gonna break loose. "

What are we thinking? Broadway announcement for Midnight? ConnectorA THIRD new musical this

Biggest disappointments from established teams?
 Jul 14 2024, 01:52:26 PM

Mrs. Doubtfire: O'Farrell and the Kirkpatrick Bros struck gold with Something Rotten, and Doubtfire should have been a slam dunk. It's the perfect material to musicalize, and the result was just so bland.

Why did High Fidelity Flop?
 Jul 8 2024, 10:28:16 PM

Quinn Wilson said: "Alex Kulak2 said: "High Fidelity, the2006 based on the Nick Hornbynovel and the John Cusack movie is one of those shows that's history has always confounded me. It was an unbelievable flop, but by my estimation, it's really good. Clever lyrics, fun use of genre in the music, it does a lot to make the main character likable.

It was a tough race that year for musicals (we also hadSpring Awakening, Legally Blonde, Cur

THE GREAT GATSBY Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Jul 5 2024, 02:10:37 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "Unrelated to this album, but I wanted to post here: as I explained before, Jason Howland just MD'ed and orchestrated the score for this year's Macy's FOJ fireworks that recently concluded (and he did some fantastic work). For those who may not have noticed, or perhaps were watching the display in person, most of the backup singers have collaborated with Howland on Broadway before, some multiple times:

• Ashley Loren (2013Jekyll &
Merrily We Roll Along Proshot
 Jul 5 2024, 01:43:09 PM

JSquared2 said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "There’s no guarantee this will even release, but if it does, I imagine it will be on Apple TV+."

Based on what?
"

I remember hearing that they made a deal with Apple after producing the proshot of Come From Away.

Jul 2 2024, 11:51:33 AM

two ladies tickets said: "Nick Hornby wrote the novel.
"

Oops, got my British writers named Nick confused. Just fixed it.

Jul 2 2024, 08:55:41 AM

High Fidelity, the 2006 based on the Nick Hornby novel and the John Cusack movie is one of those shows that's history has always confounded me. It was an unbelievable flop, but by my estimation, it's really good. Clever lyrics, fun use of genre in the music, it does a lot to make the main character likable.

It was a tough race that year for musicals (we also had Spring Awakening, Legally Blonde, Curtains, and Grey Gardens&n

Jason Robert Brown, Taylor Mac, Rob Ashford collaborating on MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD AND EVIL musical adaptation
 Jun 28 2024, 04:09:29 PM

The Chris Jones piece says that there was an earlier incarnation of this show that had a book by "the late Alfred Uhry".

The late? Did I miss something?

THE GREAT GATSBY Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Jun 28 2024, 04:03:37 PM

All right, this has all been a very funny practical joke, now where's the real Gatsby musical that people are paying $300 a ticket for?

Jason Robert Brown, Taylor Mac, Rob Ashford collaborating on MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD AND EVIL musical adaptation
 Jun 26 2024, 08:38:33 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Oh dear, the complaints abovegive me flashbacks to the townsfolk in BRIDGES (which we all blamed on Sher and Marsha Norman but maybe JRB deserves a slap on the wrist for that too)."

JRB said that he always envisioned that show as an octet, and the ensemble was added by Sher, so I think he gets a pass.

MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING musical, featuring Burt Bacharach catalogue songs
 Jun 24 2024, 02:50:52 PM

Here's a friendly reminder that they'll stop making these lazy shows as soon as you stop buying tickets to see them.

JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more
 Jun 21 2024, 04:32:19 PM

This album sounds like they let JRB lock himself in a studio and go full JRB, in the best possible way. Some of those piano licks on Cassandra are breathtaking.

This one's definitely getting a lot more airtime from me.

Spring awakening is cooked
 Jun 19 2024, 04:17:51 PM

I have siblings/cousins in and just out of high school, in a fairly progressive suburb of Chicago. The idea that parents are just openly letting their kids have sex in the home (whatever that means) any more than they have in the past is utterly divorced from reality.

Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
 Jun 17 2024, 01:35:47 PM

All the discussion about Jewishness is overshadowing the bigger elephant in the room, which is age.

Jamie and Cathy are supposed to range in age from 23 to 28. When this show opens next year, Jonas is going to be 32 and Warren is going to be 38. Are they going to age up the characters? Modernize the story (at least in the sense that people don't get married in their mid-twenties that much anymore).

Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
 Jun 17 2024, 01:32:17 PM

rattleNwoolypenguin said: "perfectliar said: "rattleNwoolypenguin said: ""Iwill not lose because you can’t win”

I dunno, sounds like micro aggressions now.

Maybe that’s an angle they’re going for?

Maybe Jason is changing some lyrics?
"

It's not a micro aggression. It's an aggression, regardless of race, full stop. And that's the point. Jamie is being awful to her in that mo

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 11:18:10 PM

The Outsiders won Best Musical without winning Best Book, Best Score, or any acting award. The last time that happened was Fosse in 1999.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 11:07:54 PM
WHAT
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You