Oprah 2020

javero Profile Photo
javero
#50Oprah 2020
Posted: 1/12/18 at 9:45pm

Forgive me for diverting slightly.  But, last night Chris Matthews featured exiting VA governor Terry McAuliffe on Hardball and tonight Rachel Maddow had Senator Kamala Harris on in a rare one-on-one.  Coincidence...I think not. Both McAullife and Harris are on the lips of the chattering class here inside the Capital Beltway as viable candidates for the Dem party nomination in 2020.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#51Oprah 2020
Posted: 1/13/18 at 10:32am

I'm dismayed that the conversation is focused on who might trump Trump in 2020. The implication is that it is accepted (and acceptable) that he should/will serve a full term of office.

It is not.

The conversation should rather be focused on who should replace him NOW. I cannot believe he has been tolerated for this long. It bothers and frightens me (a little) that Americans would speak of a future election where Trump would be the incumbent when it seems clear that he should NOT be holding office, period. Get him out first, then focus on 2020.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#52Oprah 2020
Posted: 1/13/18 at 2:57pm

I’m not convinced he’ll finish his first term, but there’s a mechanism in place for that. We don’t have much choice on who will replace Trump. The Constitution says it’ll be Mike Pence.

sunshinejulie4
#53Oprah 2020
Posted: 1/14/18 at 10:49am

Republican women betraying our country, not surprised.

Liza's Headband
#54Oprah 2020
Posted: 1/14/18 at 5:13pm

Welcome, troll. 

Alex Kulak2
#55Oprah 2020
Posted: 1/15/18 at 9:21am

No, no, no. If we want even a chance of taking down Trump in 2020, we're going to need a established Democratic politician to run as a populist candidate. Someone like Tammy Duckworth or Bernie Sanders or Cory Brooker.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#56Oprah 2020
Posted: 1/15/18 at 12:06pm

Duckworth and Sanders are each as divisive as Clinton, if not moreso.  The idea that Sanders would be good for the Dems against incumbent Turmp in 2020 is either SNL fodder for comedy or terrifyingly delusional.  Making Sanders the candidate is begging for 8 years of Trump, guaranteed.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#57Oprah 2020
Posted: 1/15/18 at 12:11pm

Dems pulled off the win in Alabama because black women organized and showed up in droves. Doubt that would happen for Sanders.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

javero Profile Photo
javero
#58Oprah 2020
Posted: 1/17/18 at 8:09pm

According to an early poll, support for Oprah's potential presidential bid is tepid.

Voters Currently Don’t Want Oprah to Run for President

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#59Oprah 2020
Posted: 1/17/18 at 10:57pm

Probably because there is no "potential presidential bid".  It's just a speech that stirred up delusional morons who forget that being a celebrity doesn't qualify anyone for any political position, much less President.  We're dealing with the proof of that horribly failed experiment now.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian