pixeltracker

OOTI/Band's Visit discount codes?

OOTI/Band's Visit discount codes?

Alessio2
#1OOTI/Band's Visit discount codes?
Posted: 2/11/18 at 7:41am

Hi guys, does anyone think Once on This Island will release another discount code, possibly for April performances? Also anything for The Band's Visit also during April? Thank you!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2OOTI/Band's Visit discount codes?
Posted: 2/11/18 at 9:53am

The Band's Visit has been selling very well, so maybe not.   OOTI wouldn't suprise me, though, but since there aren't any now, maybe things (future sales) are picking up.  (Good news for them, but not for bargain hunters.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#3OOTI/Band's Visit discount codes?
Posted: 2/11/18 at 10:28am

Definitely check out The Band's Visit on Stub Hub. I was shocked to find some terrific discounts on there.

mufish
#4OOTI/Band's Visit discount codes?
Posted: 2/11/18 at 7:56pm

Stage Door Sally said: "Definitely check out The Band's Visit on Stub Hub. I was shocked to find some terrific discounts on there."

I second this. Used this approach last night, four seats in row A popped up close to 7:30. I pulled the trigger at around $50 plus fees, mostly to get out of the rain, but checked again once in the theatre and they dropped much further - however, no one ended up sitting there so I had the entire row to myself. As an added bonus, the box office was able to print the ticket for me. I think it’s selling well in general, but the speculative scalpers may have overestimated demand - at least during the “slow” season.

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#5OOTI/Band's Visit discount codes?
Posted: 2/11/18 at 7:59pm

As an added bonus, the box office was able to print the ticket for me.

Is that possible as a common practice? I'm going to NYC from Boston next Friday and want to see "The Band's Visit" on Friday night. The plan was to get a StubHub ticket when I arrive in NYC and print it at the Marriott, but if the Box Office can commonly print StubHub tickets, I can wait much longer for prices to drop and buy when it's nearly curtain. Thanks for this tip, if it really is universally applicable!

mufish
#6OOTI/Band's Visit discount codes?
Posted: 2/11/18 at 8:14pm

LuminousBeing said: "As an added bonus, the box office was able to print the ticket for me.

Is that possible as a common practice? I'm going to NYC from Boston next Friday and want to see "The Band's Visit" on Friday night. The plan was to get a StubHub ticket when I arrive in NYC and print it at the Marriott, but if the Box Office can commonly print StubHub tickets, I can wait much longer for prices to drop and buy when it's nearly curtain. Thanks for this tip, if it really is universally applicable!
"

It seemed like it’s pretty common at the Barrymore. I was just going to enter with the ticket on my phone (I feel like the Meteor Shower ticket I bought my last trip specifically noted to print beforehand) but the gentleman checking bags told me to go to the box office to have it printed. I was preparing to have to speed walk over to the Marriott, but the gent in the box office acted as if it was nothing new. He just needed the name on the ticket (original purchaser) and seat location. I didn’t ask if it was something they routinely do but sure got that impression. 

And on a semi-related note, I’m also from the Boston area!

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#7OOTI/Band's Visit discount codes?
Posted: 2/11/18 at 8:17pm

Great to know! Thank you!

Very cool. I need a theater-going buddy near me; PM me if you want to see if we'd be a good fit as theater-friends. :)

ellbellthomps
#8OOTI/Band's Visit discount codes?
Posted: 2/12/18 at 2:11pm

I agree with the StubHub thing, I got front row on a saturday night for TBV for $120

Kathleen ONeill2
#9OOTI/Band's Visit discount codes?
Posted: 2/12/18 at 2:51pm

I'd recommend keeping an eye on the TodayTix app- I got a $49 ticket for The Band's Visit in March. It might let you have a ticket secured at earlier notice than StubHub. 

Alessio2
#10OOTI/Band's Visit discount codes?
Posted: 2/12/18 at 3:01pm

Thank you...I'm a little hesitant to wait until the last minute to purchase tickets through StubHub as I'm going to New York on a theater binging trip and usually like to secure tickets in advance...it's just that I have already spent so much money purchasing full price tix for nearly everything.  I will keep my eye out for the Today Tix app.  Also, is OOTI worth full price?  Both numbers I have seen them perform on TV  have not left me impressed...is the show worth it?

JudyDenmark Profile Photo
JudyDenmark
#11OOTI/Band's Visit discount codes?
Posted: 2/13/18 at 3:09pm

Alessio2 said: "Also, is OOTI worth full price? Both numbers I have seen them perform on TV have not left me impressed...is the show worth it?"

YES. Part of the joy of this production is in the immersive staging... it's a full 360 round, the stage is literally sand, there's water, fire, etc. I totally agree that TV performances come off as less-than-exciting, but I think they're really tough to play out of context, unfortunately for them. I mean, I can't promise that you'll love it, but I do think it's a much better show than the TV performances would indicate. I'd use the reviews and YouTube (official) clip videos as a better frame of reference.  

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#12OOTI/Band's Visit discount codes?
Posted: 2/13/18 at 5:34pm

For the Today's Tix app that you refer to, is there a website that you can check instead?  I don't have a cell phone, so was wondering what an alternate might be.  

Updated On: 2/13/18 at 05:34 PM

Alessio2
#13OOTI/Band's Visit discount codes?
Posted: 2/14/18 at 1:51am

JudyDenmark said: "Alessio2 said: "Also, is OOTI worth full price? Both numbers I have seen them perform on TV have not left me impressed...is the show worth it?"

YES. Part of the joy of this production is in the immersive staging... it's a full 360 round, the stage is literally sand, there's water, fire, etc. I totally agree that TV performances come off as less-than-exciting, but I think they're really tough to play out of context, unfortunately for them. I mean, I can't promise that you'll love it, but I do think it's a much better show than the TV performances would indicate. I'd use the reviews and YouTube (official) clip videos as a better frame of reference.

"

Thank you!! That's what I was thinking. Sometimes these things just don't work when taken out of context!

gimlet2
#14OOTI/Band's Visit discount codes?
Posted: 2/14/18 at 7:39am

nealb1 said: "For the Today's Tix app that you refer to, is there a website that you can check instead? I don't have a cell phone, so was wondering what an alternate might be."

TodayTix now has a working website todaytix.com where you can browse/purchase - when did this happen? Pay attention to the fees at checkout, for NYC $7.50 or $12.50/ticket.

You may need the app to access any rush/lotteries (rush tickets have fees, lotteries do not, AFAIK). They also accept snail mail lottery entries (it does work - I won that way for On the Town way back when) but you'd need to be reachable by phone for 2-2.5 hrs after the lottery closes.

Rainbowhigh23
#15OOTI/Band's Visit discount codes?
Posted: 5/6/18 at 8:53pm

Goldstar has a lot of shows available at a discount, including The Band's Visit. 

The Band's Visit on Goldstar