pixeltracker

Harry Potter - read play first?- Page 2

Harry Potter - read play first?

Hairspray0901
#25Harry Potter - read play first?
Posted: 4/27/18 at 4:48pm

I read part 1 and not part 2. So it gives you a great set up but doesn’t spoil the ending!

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#26Harry Potter - read play first?
Posted: 4/27/18 at 5:51pm

It’s interesting to me that so many people who read the play really disliked aspects of it—they had trouble with plot points or felt the dialogue was flat... And those who didn’t (like me) didn’t notice those problems at all. If there are strong criticisms to make of the play, I didn’t catch on while watching it because I was too busy being astonished and surprised.

I can believe that it might come across as flat on the page as many have suggested, but because I didn’t read it first, that wasn’t my experience with the material at all. Instead, I was awed by it. Count me firmly in team DO NOT READ.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#27Harry Potter - read play first?
Posted: 4/27/18 at 9:17pm

I think people who read the play thought it was flat because they were excited to read a new chapter in the Harry Potter saga, and instead they got the book for a play. The rest of us waited to have professional magicians, actors, set designers, musicians, and everyone else build that up to become an entire world to visit.