News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sauja

Sauja Profile Photo
Member Name: Sauja
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
 Jul 22 2024, 11:07:48 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "$100 for last row of the balcony and the front half of the orchestra is $350 - $450. Insane."

I was surprised by the pricing on this. Figured there'd be a solid deal to get somewhere in the auditorium. I plan on seeing this, but I'm going to hold off for hopefully some cheaper options.

Jul 21 2024, 02:29:02 PM

Do you know when Streetcar was rumored for the Hudson? This is a 14 week run, per the email, so…there wouldn’t be time to get Streetcar in this season, but it could still be coming next summer maybe?

Jul 21 2024, 11:27:06 AM

EDSOSLO858 said: "This has the Hudson, correct?"

It does. An email announcing a presale tomorrow doesn’t name the Hudson, but it lists the address of that theater.

Broadway Real Estate 2024-25
 Jul 17 2024, 02:27:08 PM

Boop to the Broadhurst in Spring takes the list on page 1 of this thread to 7 theaters definitely available at least by Spring. 

I’m rooting for at least one out-of-left-field show that no one is talking about to surprise us and come in.

JRB Teases
 Jul 17 2024, 01:55:00 PM

Anyone have the presale code?

Carolee Carmello to lead KIMBERLY AKIMBO National Tour
 Jul 17 2024, 11:57:14 AM

This is genuinely exciting casting. Looking forward to finding out who will round out the cast!

Redwood Presale code
 Jul 17 2024, 10:05:55 AM

According to an email yesterday, presale was supposed to start at 10 today, but the code hasn't come through for me yet.

JOB Previews
 Jul 17 2024, 09:34:05 AM

Bobster159 said: "I saw it downtown, so I'm not sure how much they've changed, but it's not the sort of show that needs multiple viewings. I wonder how that'll affect them. Word of mouth was strong, so fingers crossed for them."

I feel more or less the same way, but I am a liiiiiittle curious how it plays if you go in knowing the full story. I probably won't go back, but I can understand why some would. For the record, I really, really enjoyed it

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/14/24
 Jul 16 2024, 05:06:41 PM

Broadway Flash said: "Another great week for The Great Gatsby. &Juliet needs help"

Is this accurate? They played to similar capacities, and & Juliet had the higher average ticket cost. And it's recouped. Based on costs to run, I'd think Juliet's doing better than Gatsby (not that the latter is in bad shape).

Jul 16 2024, 12:03:02 PM

With so many shows incoming, I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about what's following The Wiz into the Marquis. I know that it's no one's favorite theater, but are there ANY rumors around what might take it?

Menzel-led REDWOOD to transfer to Broadway this season
 Jul 16 2024, 09:28:40 AM

EDSOSLO858 said: "And nearly 30 years after Menzel made her Broadway debut in the same theatre, inRent."

Oof. THAT makes me feel ancient. Ha. Looking forward to this but also have a slight hesitation/wariness, and I can't put my finger on why. Was word of mouth bad out of town?

Menzel-led REDWOOD to transfer to Broadway this season
 Jul 15 2024, 11:59:51 AM

jacobsnchz14 said: "https://www.facebook.com/share/v/sbVEaYMxZchXk74p/?mibextid=WC7FNe"

It’s a clever ad. I’m not ashamed to admit that it worked on me. I went from, “we’ll know when we know” to, “Well, now I need to know.”

Jul 9 2024, 10:54:09 AM

I wouldn’t be surprised if this season sees as many or even more new shows opening than last season. Whichever they might be, there will certainly be more shows closing throughout the season, opening up more theaters for new productions. And there’s no shortage of productions trying to come in!

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/30/24
 Jul 2 2024, 03:06:36 PM

I get that we want to be happy for shows doing well, but an average ticket price over $300 for Merrily just isn’t something I can celebrate. Broadway’s been for the rich for a long time, but it’s really getting awful out there. 

2024-25 Second Stage on Broadway season announced
 Jun 25 2024, 10:19:46 AM

Cult of Love was fantastic at Berkeley Rep. In a lot of ways, a very traditional family drama, but confronting questions of (and differences in) faith in a rich, textured way. The cast in Berkeley was fantastic, and I’d be happy to see them transfer, though I wouldn’t be surprised to see a bigger name or two brought in to make it splashier.

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jun 22 2024, 11:14:19 PM

PAC hasn’t announced any of their 2024-2025 season yet, have they? Certainly, something is going to need this space by Fall, but I wonder if there is room for more extension weeks to be added on this summer, if the demand is there. I personally thought it was sensational and hope to find time for a return trip.

Life and Trust (from the Sleep No More producers)
 Jun 21 2024, 12:40:31 PM

Emursive's new Financial District show began performances last night. Has anyone been? Is anyone going?

I'm so curious, but I find it hard to stomach spending $160 with no reports yet on how the shoe is (or even WHAT the show is)!

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall
 Jun 20 2024, 11:51:49 PM

A thrilling evening. Christine Ebersole’s “In Buddy’s Eyes,” Karen Ziemba and company’s “Who’s That Woman,” and Jennifer Holliday’s “I’m Still Here” were obvious highlights. Norm Lewis and Nikki Reneé Daniels sounded sensational on “Too Many Mornings” and I adored the kids from Kimberly Akimbo doing Loveland.

Without more of the context of the book, some moments didn’t go

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 11:21:59 PM
I’m so thrilled with this year’s winners. The Outsiders was my favorite musical of the year. Stereophonic my favorite play. And the winning actors! Groff, Radcliffe, Moon, Lewis, Brill, Paulson… My biggest gripe was that Gatsby won for costumes, so in my mind? A fabulous year for the Tony’s. If not the Tony telecast, but that’s a whole other story.
 Jun 16 2024, 04:06:43 PM

Unpopular opinion, but I’ve never loved this show. I think it works better as a concept album than a staged piece. Nick Jonas’s lack of gravitas and vocal chops don’t suggest to me that this is going to be the production that will change my mind. Adrienne Warren will, of course, sound incredible.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You