Boys in Band Autographs

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#25Boys in Band Autographs
Posted: 7/9/18 at 11:27pm

Philly, I appreciated your comments and I never thought you were an "ass."  I appreciated your warning. If anyone wants to chide me, I'm okay with it. That is nonsense I can ignore.   I love watching all the talent on Broadway. I appreciate any actor who is willing to share their signature on a poster that I have professionally framed and then hang in my house. It's a memory for me of the great time I had on that day. I don't sell them. (Hell, my relatives are vying for the orig cast Ham signed poster that I have. Told them "over my dead body!"Boys in Band Autographs   

From reading these postings, I guess I was lucky.  The early June day I stood in front of the stage door pre-show, I received 4 "graphs."  Then after the show I got another 4.  The only one missing was Mr. Parsons.

He wasn't wearing a regular shoe in the performance.  The staff said it was customized to look like a regular shoe but was a disguised cast. But he was still uncomfortable. I get that.  

I'm semi-retired and these shows are my "bucket list."  I love watching folks who can sing, dance, play instruments, act.  All of the things I can't do.  When I told the performers that I framed and hung the signed posters in my home as a memory of their show and performance, they all seemed genuinely flattered. I told them I can sit back and remember what a great time I had watching them. I even put the ticket in the framed poster.  I never ask for selfies, but if I can snap them walking by, I'm okay with that.  So I'm grateful for what I can get.  

If I can buy a "Broadway Cares" signed poster, that works for me as well.  I guess I'm like the old-timer who has autographed baseballs and who reflects on that "great game."  Silly, I guess...but we take what we can in what little time we have left.  Thanks to everyone who had something to say.  No one offends me.

JayElle

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#26Boys in Band Autographs
Posted: 7/9/18 at 11:27pm

FYI - Rannells is on Colbert’s show tonight.

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#27Boys in Band Autographs
Posted: 7/9/18 at 11:29pm

Miles, I am trying to get graphs on my Angels poster. I saw the show once and will see it again this week and on their last day. If you can offer any insight as to when or where to stand near the stage door for that, I will. I planned to go on any day this week. Wasn't sure if they came out after the matinee. I know Nathan doesn't sign, but I'd be okay with Andrew. Any insight you can offer is okay. Thank you.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#28Boys in Band Autographs
Posted: 7/10/18 at 12:04am

^ Just sent you a long PM. lol