News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JayElle

JayElle Profile Photo
Member Name: JayElle
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews  Mar 20 2024, 09:58:25 PM

Where are they stage mooring in this theater?  Unfamiliar with location in this theater. Have tkts upcoming.  Tnx

Who could replace Josh Groban?  Sep 18 2023, 11:48:47 PM

"Okieriete Onaodowan, too soon?"

LOLOL...that's one way to ensure closure!

THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?  Sep 6 2023, 11:45:41 AM

Johnny O of NY Post said deal to bring Lehman to Lincoln Center fell through.

THE LEHMAN TRILOGY Returning to Broadway This Fall?  Aug 28 2023, 09:11:58 PM

Broadway Flash said: "I hope they can get the original guys back to Broadway."

Well, Adam Godley should be available since that "One More Time...' ends next week. His ability to twist into a deathly heap on the table was just one of his incredible moments.

Number of completed songs in Sondheim new score  Aug 6 2023, 11:25:25 PM

Buneul ....   "The project, Sondheim has previously revealed, is in two acts, the first based on Buñuel’s The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie (1972), the second on The Exterminating Angel (1962), both set at surreal dinner parties. "

Number of completed songs in Sondheim new score  Aug 6 2023, 08:34:03 PM

signorafosca2 said: "Considering there were 4-5 readings of this show over the last seven years of Sondheim’s life I find it very hard to believe there are only six completed songs....."

What show?  Name please?  tnx

SPAMALOT To Play The St James This Fall  Aug 2 2023, 12:21:54 PM

Glad to have it back. Long overdue.  Still have the signed B'way Cares poster from original cast.  Be nice to have an updated one to partner it.

GREY HOUSE Previews  Apr 30 2023, 08:54:52 AM

Any discount codes mailed? 

Pipe smoking offensive from smell perspective?

MERRILY will transfer next falli  Mar 23 2023, 11:36:36 AM

didn't take my code...

MERRILY will transfer next falli  Mar 23 2023, 11:32:58 AM

what is access code?  thank you

What Happened to Article on Playbill re: "Physical Assault, Vomit in Aisles, Stalking in Streets..etc." ???  Feb 9 2023, 10:10:22 PM

I realize ushers, theater staff, security, etc.  put up with every lunatic who walks through the door, but did the article on the front page of Playbill disappear?  Or is it me?  

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW  Dec 16 2022, 08:16:47 PM

The Other One said: "JayElle said: "Biggest disappointment: smoking onstage, especially in such a small area."

You cared about that?!

Damn straight!! Especially for those who have breathing disabilities (asthma, pulmonary hypertension, etc), much like epileptics have problem with strobe lightning.  Troublesome if sitting near stage."  So yes, it was biggest disappointment folks still feel a need to use that pr

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW  Dec 3 2022, 09:48:44 AM

Biggest disappointment: smoking onstage, especially in such a small area.

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW  Dec 3 2022, 09:18:20 AM

"New  York Theatre Workshop is presenting the perennially revised Merrily We Roll Along, another Furth-Sondheim collaboration, in November, starring Daniel Radcliffe, Jonathan Groff and Lindsay Mendez and staged by Maria Friedman.

The director’s sister, producer Sonia Friedman — whose company is a subsidiary of ATG — signed investment papers with Chocolate Factory Productions and Patrick Catullo to raise $2 million to enhance the musical. The “current plan,” according to the papers filed with New York Attorney General Letitia James, is to present the first-ever Broadway revival of Merrily after the off-Broadway tryout."

This was posted in Broadway Journal in August, but haven't heard much more than that.

http://broadwayjournal.com/will-a-new-sweeney-todd-make-its-investors-a-killing-exclusive/

Stage dooring returns?  Sep 4 2022, 11:23:09 AM

Who would oversee taking care of the mail-in requests? Stage manager?  

Too bad you didn't get a reply.

The Naked Cowboy  Sep 4 2022, 11:15:23 AM

Jarethan said: "I just thought he looked a little old. Seedy and pathetic; how do you know he’s racist AND a homophobe…is he a Republican?"

The Naked Cowgirl who hangs Bubba Gump is even older.

I would imagine many passersby  just took a pic without a selfie. Nothing to stop it on a public street.

Stage dooring returns?  Sep 4 2022, 01:26:46 AM

Sat matinee, walked by Woods. Crowds dozen deep at SD. Saw Gaven Creel come out, smile, waved, the put on his mask and headed down street for his lunch, I guess.  Saw another cast member open door, wave, and went back in.

Bareillis, D'arcy, Henry, Soo, Patina, Creel, etc.. Great cast which explains the SD crowds.  

Do or did any of them SD during their run?  

Stage dooring returns?  Aug 14 2022, 02:54:26 PM

Nice of Billy.  I've seen dealers "go after" Lin Manuel.  

And they were the same crowd trying to get near Patti L's limo on her last day.  

Stage dooring returns?  Aug 14 2022, 02:17:19 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Yes, actors are stagedooring again and more keep doing it, each week.
End of story.
"

Curious if Billy Crystal is.  Didn't strike me as someone who would being in the business for so long.

But I can imagine the dealers were out there.

Stage Door Exits In Covid 19 World  Jun 4 2022, 09:25:16 PM

White_Lotus said: "I agree with the creepiness factor of all it all and those on here that are attempting to defend their reasons for doing so are doing themselves absolutely no favors."

Unclear what that means.  Why would anyone have to defend themselves?

For those actors and patrons who choose not to participate, that's fine.   But those fans and actors who do so willingly are likewise making their choice. They

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You