pixeltracker

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD- Page 28

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#675THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/12/18 at 12:49pm

Impossible2 said: "As much as I am enjoying watching the nut jobs losing their **** over all The Bands Visit's wins, I do wish Yerma had've been eligible as it would've been even more fun watching all the Potter fans go nuts..."

I don't know if Yerma would have been able to beat Harry Potter or Glenda Jackson, but it would have deserved to have been in the running and play spoiler. That was truly one of the best things I've ever seen. What Billie Piper and the rest of the cast did on that stage was extraordinary. It definitely would have also deserved a Sound Design nomination and a set design one.

Updated On: 6/12/18 at 12:49 PM

Impossible2
#676THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/12/18 at 12:58pm

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "Impossible2 said: "As much as I am enjoying watching the nut jobs losing their **** over all The Bands Visit's wins, I do wish Yerma had've been eligible as it would've been even more fun watching all the Potter fans go nuts..."

I don't know ifYermawould have been able to beat Harry Potter or Glenda Jackson, but it would have deserved to have been in the running and play spoiler. That was truly one of the best things I've ever seen. What Billie Piper and the rest of the cast did on that stage was extraordinary. It definitely would have also deserved a Sound Design nomination and a set design one.
"

Indeed, it was absolutely the best thing I saw last season.

Cowell certainly deserves more recognition than he gets as well. His ability to appear like the 'nice guy' when he was really a snake was extremely well played.

Piper's was the best performance I have ever seen on any stage.

I didn't see 3 Tall Women (the TKTS guy talked me out of rear mezz seats and I went to Carousel instead which I will regret for the rest of my days) and I'm sure Jackson is great, but this feels more like a 'legacy' win for her and I don't believe she could possibly have been any better.