Joe Allen Question

astorian_ofthe_heart
#25Joe Allen Question
Posted: 9/24/19 at 12:22pm

The chili from Oklahoma! is a veggie chili, so not super filling, but they do give you a fair amount. I'd say you'll still be good with both an appetizer and entree.

The guacamole is actually good, but not mindblowing. The caesar salad was really good, and I really enjoy the burger and fries. You don't actually know how hard it is to get a good burger and fries at 10pm until you're coming out of a show starving, lol. Never had the lobster roll there, and I'd say if you want a really awesome lobster roll, Joe Allen might not be the place to go. I could be wrong, though! I'll say the crab meat ceviche was awesome, and so was the chipotle hummus. You can't really go wrong, they're a wonderful little place.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#26Joe Allen Question
Posted: 9/24/19 at 12:34pm

I love their wings. They do a really nice job and are as good as real buffalo, NY wings. I usually sit at the bar get a small Caesar and wings. Perfect meal. They give you some amazing bread with real butter too. It's good stuff. I like that they hand write the checks and use the old school cash register.

I once sat next to Alice Ripley at the bar. I acted like I didn't know who she was and we bantered a little. She's a very nice woman. Also waved at Countess Luann in there and she winked at me. She was friendly too.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#27Joe Allen Question
Posted: 9/25/19 at 12:23am

The cheeseburger at Joe Allen is amazing...at all of their locations: New York, London and Paris.

i remember going to a business dinner in London years ago. Six of us all got cheeseburgers and fries. When we were done, our waiter asked if we’d saved room for dessert. One of my table mates spoke for all of us: “No, just bring another round of cheeseburgers for the table!”

it was slightly embarrassing, but we all appreciated the second round!

Make sure to use the Colman’s Mustard, too!

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#28Joe Allen Question
Posted: 9/25/19 at 12:30am

I may just have to get a cheeseburger!