pixeltracker

What The Constitution Means To Me Broadway Previews - Page 2

What The Constitution Means To Me Broadway Previews

Braniff Forever
#25What The Constitution Means To Me Broadway Previews
Posted: 3/28/19 at 9:47am

I was able to get a ticket for this show last Friday night for $69 at TKTS, so I was pleasantly surprised and pleased not to have to pay a lot for once! Lol! I really liked this show. I support anything that the Hayes shows since its mission is to show plays from living American playwrights, I go to whatever it shows. But, I wasn’t jumping up and down about going to this show because this show sounds so dry and boring, but surprisingly it was actually very good! Quite entertaining and very informative about how the Constitution forms the basis for our society and ultimately provides the framework upon which we are able to live our lives. Heidi does a great job of showing us how the Constitution relates to her life, which, in turns makes the audience members reflect upon how the Constitution would affect their own lives.

It seems that there is a bit of randomness in the show, when she picks and Amendment to talk about. In the show, I saw, she talked about the 14th Amendment, and how it related to her life. I wonder, does she talk about that Amendment in every show? Or is it truly random that she does pick out an Amendment from the hat and have to be able to talk about any Amendment? So I guess I’m asking, if you went to the show, did she talk about the 14th Amendment? Or another one?

Yes, I go to keep the Constitution booklet given out that was provided by the ACLU. I wanted to buy a coffee mug and there was none for sale. They said they were getting them later! And to answer someone’s question, I don’t know what a window card is?? Is it a small poster? I think they had that for sale as well as a magnet. So I placed my little copy of the Constitution in my collection of mugs from shows that don’t have the plastic cups that come complimentary when one orders a Diet Pepsi.

Overall, the show was great and worth a visit! If it is nominated for the Pulitzer or Tony for Best Play, how will they treat the randomness of the play in the written form? Or is it actually not random at all and actually the same every single night? Are the people in the audience actor plants? Who knows? Lol! Maybe you know??

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#26What The Constitution Means To Me Broadway Previews
Posted: 3/28/19 at 12:39pm

RWPrincess said: "52889j said: "For those who have been already:
does the playbill denote the alternates' (Rosdely and Thursday) schedule?
"

Yes
"

Care to share what that schedule is...?