News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bjh2114

bjh2114 Profile Photo
Member Name: bjh2114
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ILLINOISE Reviews  May 8 2024, 06:57:44 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "I’m seeing posts about the death of Sean Viator. He was a dancer who taught at Steps on Broadway and Broadway Dance Center."

Sean passed last Friday. I imagine that his death is unrelated, though equally sad.

STEREOPHONIC Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread  May 7 2024, 11:41:53 AM

Jordan, I'd love a friendly PM as well if you wouldn't mind! <3

MOTHER PLAY Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 25 2024, 10:31:24 PM

Kad said: "Paulson vs. McAdams vs. Lange for Best Actress may be the buzziest category of the awards this year."

And the Paulson vs. Lange dynamic is particularly compelling given their extensive history of working together on Ryan Murphy projects.

Actress Predictions - 2024 Tonys  Mar 20 2024, 06:12:59 PM

Falsettolands said: "bjh2114 said: "Falsettolands said: "While I recognize many on this board are mixed about the performances themselves, I think we should be prepared that Merrily may likely swipe three Best Featured Actress nominations (Mendez, Clarke, and Brown)

It's the juggernaut, folks.
"

Katie Rose Clarke is not getting nominated for that performance lol
"

Looks like you just guaranteed it. That&rs

Actress Predictions - 2024 Tonys  Mar 18 2024, 11:32:57 PM

Falsettolands said: "While I recognize many on this board are mixed about the performances themselves, I think we should be prepared that Merrily may likely swipe three Best Featured Actress nominations (Mendez, Clarke, and Brown)

It's the juggernaut, folks.
"

Katie Rose Clarke is not getting nominated for that performance lol

What’s Next for the St. James?  Mar 15 2024, 06:02:18 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "Broadway Journal report on the transfer"

Fascinating!!! Good to know. I'm curious why they went away from the original plan, especially when they could in theory get into Studio 54 earlier than the St. James. I'm guessing they figured they could sell the bigger house. Good for them!

What’s Next for the St. James?  Mar 15 2024, 04:20:59 PM

wcoyote said: "Illinoise - 10 week run..Currently at the Armory"

Last I heard, Illinoise was looking at Studio 54. And that was before Days of Wine and Roses announced their closing. I've been told they're trying to sneak in there before the Tony cutoff. But maybe that's changed in the last 10 days or so.

SPAMALOT 2023 Previews  Nov 13 2023, 11:19:20 PM

Just got back from this tonight. Not gonna lie, I went in thinking "I've heard this is bad, but it's Spamalot... how awful can it be?" Turns out... pretty awful. Ya'll, this might be the worst thing I've seen on Broadway in several years. I found it to be embarrassingly bad. The whole thing felt like a stale stamp of the original production, but the ink has faded. I know they made like 5 script updates, but that wasn't enough to stop me from scratching my head th

SPAMALOT 2023 Previews  Nov 2 2023, 11:06:09 AM

nativenewyorker2 said: "-is this a fun 2.5hrs at the theater? Yes

2.5 HOURS?!!! Spamalot has always been a 2-hour show. Please tell me this is a typo and that they didn't pad out an extra half hour. That would be excruciating.

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Oct 31 2023, 01:06:40 PM

quizking101 said: "🎶 Attend the tale of Tenor Todd. His face was young, his casting odd 🎶"

Send this to Gerard Alessandrini to put in the new Forbidden Broadway lol

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Oct 30 2023, 09:41:17 AM

Foster wouldn't be my first pick, but I can see how she fits the Ashford interpretation of the character. Tveit though... what? Can he even hit the low notes that Sweeney needs to sing?

Sandy Duncan in "No, No, Nanette " 2008  Jul 20 2023, 10:59:39 AM

Uhhhh this is still one of my favorite Encores! productions ever. I'm so sad this didn't transfer. It was so good.

Oddity for The Shark is Broken  Jul 20 2023, 10:55:23 AM

dramamama611 said: "2. The date I was writing about was the only date I needed/wanted"

To be fair, he did say "please try that for YOUR date."

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME On Broadway - Opening Night Reviews  Jun 22 2023, 10:05:50 PM

I'm honestly surprised how many of these are blindly positive. The Deadline review is WILD.

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME On Broadway - Opening Night Reviews  Jun 22 2023, 09:58:00 PM

MemorableUserName said: "I see BWW currently has the Isherwood WSJ review as mixed, but this really does read as a rave to me.

Phrases like "dizzy but enjoyable goof", "The show, with a somewhat cumbersome framing device, begins", and "then spring to life haphazardly" should be clues that this isn't a rave. He also calls the story "cluttered". He does have some nice things to say, but he's definitely not gushing.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/18/23  Jun 20 2023, 04:52:57 PM

Show Me said: "(BTW, good sound design isn’t about being able to hear an ensemble member suppress a sneeze at Wicked or Moulin Rouge. And not about expecting an ear bud experience. And not about thinking that Mrs. Lovett should be sitting in your lap while she sings in your ear.)"

No, but it is partially about good mixing and sound balance, which the show does not have.

The 76th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 11 2023, 10:44:55 PM

Robbie2 said: "Det95 said: "Shucked sold some tickets in my house tonight"

We hated it! So bad. No desire seeing it.
"

Honestly that's probably the best endorsement the show could ask for.

The 76th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 11 2023, 10:12:06 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "bjh2114 said: "I know they obviously can't do extended In Memoriam clips for every single person, but I feel like 5-time Tony winner Angela Lansbury deserved a better send-off."

In a “normal” year I have no doubt they would have written a tribute to her.
"

Good point. I hadn't even thought about that. But at least give us a video montage of her! 

The 76th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 11 2023, 10:07:26 PM

I know they obviously can't do extended In Memoriam clips for every single person, but I feel like 5-time Tony winner Angela Lansbury deserved a better send-off.

The 76th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 11 2023, 09:54:47 PM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "· Kinda disappointed theyre front-loading all the revival performances."

They always do. It's so they can award Best Revival of a Musical and still have some Best Musical nominees perform afterwards and before the final award of the night.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You