News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Braniff Forever

Member Name: Braniff Forever
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What’s going on at Second Stage?  May 2 2024, 07:55:49 PM

Maybe they are settling in with a new artistic director and taking their time to finalize? I just like things to look forward to! Lol and also someone else pointed out that some of rbe other non-profits have not posted their upcoming season, so no reason to panic lol but it is fun to know what the future will hold! I’m hoping to see Mother Play next Wednesday. Appropriate is excellent for anyone who wants to see a great play, but I’ve heard the ticket prices for it are pricey. I s

What’s going on at Second Stage?  May 2 2024, 07:22:29 PM

Yes, and they’ve done well with Appropriate and I haven’t looked up the grosses for Mother Play (I know, I should!) but I’m guessing with Jessica Lange in the play it’s bound to be doing well. It’s not on TKTS so that’s a good sign for financial betterment than others. 

it seems like Second Stage has done well working with productions that can get star power in there, so I know that helps. Appropriate is their second play to find a l

What’s going on at Second Stage?  May 2 2024, 06:50:39 PM

I go to each play that shows at the Hayes Theatre, and I’ve noticed they have not announced any new shows for Fall 2024 and Spring 2025? I’ve seen each show that has been there since Lobby Hero in March 2018. 

I’ve seen some real quality shows there but I do know that non-profits have been struggling, and I think that they are moving out of the Tony Kiser off Broadway? I hope they plan to be around as an organization after this spring? Also I think th

LEMPICKA closing May 19  May 2 2024, 06:43:31 PM

So which show will be next? Heart of Rock and Roll? Great Gatsby? 

What's Next for the Broadhurst?  Feb 22 2024, 01:14:16 PM

How come a Broadway theater would sit empty for a year? I thought there were a lot of shows that wanted to be on Broadway? (Also, on a side note, what is going to go into the Majestic Theater? It’s been empty now almost for a year since Phantom left?)  

Backstage with Milky White  Aug 22 2022, 06:50:43 PM

Yes it was super cute! Milky White was one of my favorite parts of the show!! So sweet 

THE LEHMAN TRILOGY - Reviews  Jan 1 2022, 09:48:25 PM

OMG! I saw THE LEHMAN TRILOGY a few weeks ago, and it was one of the best plays I’ve ever seen! And I’ve seen almost 80 shows on Broadway, and this ranks at the very top. The only other plays I’ve enjoyed as much were THE INHERITANCE and THE AUDIENCE. Lehman might actually be the best of the three. So if there’s any chance for anyone to see it, please do! You will not regret the length! It flies by! I believe it is showing in the spring in LA and SF. I hope to catch it

THE LEHMAN TRILOGY - Reviews  Dec 19 2021, 08:37:13 AM

I’m hoping to see this on Monday night (assuming shows are still open, fingers crossed). Now, I’m in the minority, but I didn’t like The Ferryman. I found it to be long and boring. IDK, I guess I missed the brilliance and the point of The Ferryman. I hope The Lehman Trilogy is a better play for me (and hopefully not as long as The Ferryman?) 

Slave Play Returning To August Wilson Theatre  Sep 27 2021, 12:51:26 PM
Right? If you want to see a certain type of play on Broadway, and it’s not there, then get your little pen and paper and word processing program out and write what you want to see!

I saw Slave Play almost two years ago, and I’m having a hard time even remembering what it was about! Now, to be fair, if someone gave me a free ticket, and I had seen all other available shows on Broadway, and Slave Play was the only available show to see, I would probably see it again. I mean, after two y

What’s next for THE INHERITANCE?  Sep 27 2021, 10:11:51 AM
Oh wow! It’s a start! I would go to LA to see it! I loved the play very much. Thought it was extremely moving. I’m not sure why it caught on so much in London but didn’t do that well in NYC with audiences (and it was set in NYC and surrounding area). I guess the two parts scared people away when a lot of people can barely sit through a 90 minute play (let alone one for 7 hours), but I thought the time flew by on the Saturday in November 2019 when I saw both parts. It’s hard to believe it was alm
What’s next for THE INHERITANCE?  Sep 27 2021, 09:48:21 AM
I loved THE INHERITANCE and am so happy it won Best Play last night at the Tonys. So whats next for it? Will it tour? Will it go back to Broadway (I doubt that!) Will a filmed version appear?

It would be great if a filmed mini-series could be made like they did with Angels in America on HBO. That way, the play could be broken into smaller parts and consumed at ones leisure from home. (I actually think the filmed version of Angels was better than the live one). The length of THE INHERIT

Going to Pass Over tonight!! Any questions about NY Theater Experience Post Covid?  Aug 29 2021, 08:17:01 AM
Lol!
Going to Pass Over tonight!! Any questions about NY Theater Experience Post Covid?  Aug 28 2021, 11:07:38 PM
You do bring up a good point. We are not “post Covid” rather I should say “post Broadway shutdown for 1.5 years for the pandemic”
Going to Pass Over tonight!! Any questions about NY Theater Experience Post Covid?  Aug 28 2021, 11:05:23 PM
Yes my hotel was free for me, so a really good rate. This post was aimed primarily at visitors to Broadway, since I know there are a lot of visitors reading these boards. Below is my review.

I like to write my review of a play or musical as quickly after seeing the show as I can, in order to be able to remember as much as possible lol! (I’ve always wondered if “real critics” see the play several times and even read the script? They always seem to catch so much more than I do after seei

Going to Pass Over tonight!! Any questions about NY Theater Experience Post Covid?  Aug 28 2021, 04:26:41 PM
Hey Everyone! After 1.5 years, Im going to the theater tonight! Yea! I cant believe its happening! The last show I saw was The Minutes with Armie Hammer (lol!) two nights before Broadway closed last March.

My general observations today are as follows: 1. No the TKTS Booth is not open. It says they will re-open when there are more venues open.

2. So I went directly to the August Wilson Theater on W 52nd to the Box Office. The very nice person working the ticket window sold me

The Crown. Another season after Imelda?  Aug 8 2021, 07:02:12 PM
Also, one thing to consider about The Crown and Netflix, is that Harry and Meghan have signed some deal with them to produce or create content I think in some way. Now, it might be some type of conflict of interest to be creating a show, featuring some of their own creators or employees? Idk, I bet Harry and Meghan wouldn’t want to watch their current life dramatized? Plus, if you click on the link above, it says the Peter Morgan believes 20 years after the fact is a good time frame in which to
Delta Variant and Broadway  Jul 27 2021, 08:29:47 PM
I’ve been following this thread since creating it last week, and I hope the Broadway league makes an announcement to the public soon about what’s going to happen. I’d be willing to sit in the theater with a mask, but would it be ok for the performers to perform onstage without masks? I mean if everyone in the theater (audience, staff, performers) have been vaccinated, aren’t we able to safely have the theater?

Just thinking out loud and hoping for the best. Idk. There seems to be no ea

Delta Variant and Broadway  Jul 19 2021, 11:26:39 AM
With the stock market in free fall this morning (the stock market reflects what investors think of the future not the present), and since now Los Angeles County has re-instituted an indoor mask mandate, I wonder what all this holds for the re-opening of Broadway theatre in September? Will live theatre be postponed (I hope not! People will say follow the science! Well, what if the science says dont have large public gatherings (theatre) without masks? Then what? Id be ok sitting in a theatre with
So, you think Broadway will re-open in March 2021? Sooner? Later?  Oct 8 2020, 04:42:45 PM
Anybody know how the Shubert and Nederlander Organization is doing these days? What are they saying behind the scenes?

Earlier someone laughed about this being the 4000 ish post about when Broadway would come back. I realize nobody can say with certainty when Broadway will come back. But I guess what I’m looking for here is insight from theater insiders another what is going on? Or not going on? Being that a lot of us live all over the world and not in NYC, for those of you who work (o

So, you think Broadway will re-open in March 2021? Sooner? Later?  Oct 8 2020, 04:42:42 PM
Anybody know how the Shubert and Nederlander Organization is doing these days? What are they saying behind the scenes?

Earlier someone laughed about this being the 4000 ish post about when Broadway would come back. I realize nobody can say with certainty when Broadway will come back. But I guess what I’m looking for here is insight from theater insiders another what is going on? Or not going on? Being that a lot of us live all over the world and not in NYC, for those of you who work (o

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You