NYC at Easter time

scampsweep
#1NYC at Easter time
Posted: 10/20/19 at 3:56pm

Hello everyone. I am planning a trip to New York (from London) for next Easter. Surprisingly (to me at least), the flights on Good Friday are quite a bit cheaper than at other times around the Easter period. My question is that if I travel on Good Friday and spend the main Easter weekend in New York, are all of the sights, museums, galleries etc... open during that period or not? Any advice would be appreciated regarding New York vacations during this period. Thanks.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2NYC at Easter time
Posted: 10/20/19 at 4:27pm

You should be fine for the most part. Very little will be closed on Easter Sunday.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Patty3
#3NYC at Easter time
Posted: 10/20/19 at 8:36pm

I've spent several Easter Sundays in NY seeing shows. The weather is usually good. Make sure you check out 5th Ave around St Patricks on Easter Sunday morning. The street is closed to vehicles and it is fun to watch families all dressed up in their Easter outfits and crazy hats. It's a nice time to be in the city.