News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for scampsweep

Member Name: scampsweep
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Did Kevin Anderson get fired from Sunset Blvd with Patti Lupone?  Jul 14 2020, 02:16:41 AM

wiggum2 said: "CT2NYC said: "wiggum2 said: "random question, which of the Normas sang the line "I'm sick to dead of that old filling station shirt, stained with yesterday's dessert in The Ladys paying? It seems most of the videos I have found on YT have the lines

Shut up, I'm rich
Now some platinum blonde bitch
I own so many apartments
I've forgotten which is which
"

The lines you're talking abou

Broadway theatre in Montreal  Feb 2 2020, 09:02:43 AM
Hello everyone. I have plans to visit Montreal in August. Ive never been before, but wish to visit all the well-known sights (you know, being a typical tourist!) While Im there, there is a concert at the Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier (I think thats the name?)

Can anyone give me advice about the best area of the city in which to stay for my first visit? I wish to be within walking distance of all the major tourist sights, as well as being within walking distance of the concert hall. Is that po

Linda Lavin on the Allergist's Wife reading, Neil Simon, and Hal Prince  Nov 12 2019, 07:38:23 AM

CurtainPullDowner said: "There are many reasons she did not transfer with the DC FOLLIES,"

What were these reasons please? I saw Lavin in DC, but much preferred Jayne Houdyshell in the Broadway transfer. It was a complete different take on the role - I thought the idea and Houdyshell’s performance were a vast improvement.  

Telecharge Mobile - Choosing Seats  Oct 28 2019, 01:42:44 PM
Thanks for the tip. It is a nightmare selecting seats on an iPhone.
FLYING OVER SUNSET TICKETS ON SALE  Oct 28 2019, 01:23:38 PM
I have tickets to a preview performance a few days before it officially opens. Are there any clips of the music/material online?
Best staging of a duet?  Oct 27 2019, 03:31:11 PM
‘I Still Believe’ from Miss Saigon where the two women are in different parts of the world. Simple, but effective.

I also liked the similar arrangements for ‘I Know Him So Well’ in the London ENO production of Chess. Florence sang her part in a hotel whilst Svetlana’s part was sung as part of a tabloid-style TV interview. It made Svetlana appear calculating and slightly desperate. It made sense to me.

Company - orchestra row b  Oct 27 2019, 12:11:36 PM

Can anyone give advice as to the stage height/sight lines at the Jacobs theatre for Company? Should I buy row B of the orchestra or will I be looking up all evening and come out with a stiff neck? Thanks in advance for any information.

Broadway trip - Times Square/midtown hotels with no resort fees  Oct 22 2019, 07:45:50 AM
Please can anyone suggest good hotels in midtown/ Times Square sort of area that do not charge resort/ amenity fees? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
NYC at Easter time  Oct 20 2019, 03:56:30 PM
Hello everyone. I am planning a trip to New York (from London) for next Easter. Surprisingly (to me at least), the flights on Good Friday are quite a bit cheaper than at other times around the Easter period. My question is that if I travel on Good Friday and spend the main Easter weekend in New York, are all of the sights, museums, galleries etc... open during that period or not? Any advice would be appreciated regarding New York vacations during this period. Thanks.
Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!  Aug 31 2019, 04:49:59 AM

ljay889 said: "Some actors that I think would make a good Andy: Kyle Dean Massey, Colt Prattes, and Nolan Gerard Funk."

To be honest, I think Richard Fleeshman -  who played the role of Andy in London - will take a bit of beating. Not only was he incredibly hunky, but he was so winning with his personality. Most people raved about Jonathan Bailey’s performance as Jamie (I felt it was far too broad and over-acted), but Fleeshman’s performanc

COMPANY  Aug 30 2019, 12:55:10 PM

givesmevoice said: "Larry is kind of a thankless part, plus it makes sense that Joanne’s husbands keep getting younger. (And one reason she offers him to Bobbie is that they’re closer in age.) Could Sieber be Harry?"

I agree - it is a thankless, almost ‘background’ role. I would say that he does the least by far. 

COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater  Aug 30 2019, 05:56:04 AM
Is this a limited or open-ended run? In London, I think it was only a planned 3-month run originally, but then extended to six months, I think.
Hugh Jackman in The Music Man  Jul 27 2019, 02:23:29 AM
Just to verify :,when does The Music Man actually open (or begin previewing) and at which theatre? Just wondering whether it will be possible to arrange a trip to see both this and ‘Company’? Is Company an open or limited run?

Will both shows be running at the same time? And if so, does anyone know when tickets go on sale?

Sorry, lots of questions there, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater  Jul 23 2019, 11:01:04 AM
Any speculation as to which month this will open (or even start previewing)? If rehearsals begin in January (as has already been mentioned), then this would suggest a March/early April previewing period, wouldn’t it?
Alice Ripley  Jul 23 2019, 10:53:52 AM

n2nbaby said: "People have different opinions.

She gave one of the most thrilling performances I’ve ever seen in Next to Normal and it is a performance I will never forget. She isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, she’s strange, her voice isn’t cookie cutter but dammit, I think she is incredible.
"

I agree that she was amazing in ‘Next to Normal’ during the Broadway run. One of the best performances I’ve seen. 

Patti LuPone's 70th Birthday Gala at the New York Philharmonic  May 18 2019, 03:39:23 PM
So presumably this has been recorded and will be shown on TV at some point? The clips are professionally shot.

I’d love to see the whole concert. ‘Sleepy Man’ sounded a bit flat and tentative if I’m honest, but I liked the other song clips. ‘Bridge Over Troubled Water’ sounded great.

Hope the whole concert was recorded and is shown. I wonder if she’ll repeat this concert anywhere else?

Great Scores But Weak Shows?  May 14 2019, 02:37:15 PM
Chess - great score!
Andrew Lloyd Webber memoir part 2?  Apr 19 2019, 09:41:07 AM
No, I think he’s made it clear in interviews that there will be no part 2 of his memoir. I enjoyed reading it and wonder why he stopped where he did. Maybe he stopped at Phantom because that was his last mega-hit, although I think Sunset is regarded as a ‘flop-hit’, if you see what I mean? Certainly, Aspects, Whistle Down the Wind, The Woman in White, The Beautiful Game and Stephen Ward all had very short runs. School of Rock could be argued to be a hit? Anyway, maybe he doesn’t want to write ab
Betty Buckley is out again?  Jan 27 2019, 12:17:17 PM

David10086 said: "I was able to see Buckley in "Sunset Boulevard" back in August, 1996 on Broadway, and would like to see her in 'Hello Dolly' when it comes to Bostonthis summer.

My question - when she was in SUNSET for that long run, did she miss many performances back then, aside from her scheduled vacations?
"

Don’t know the answer to your question, but in the days before social media/the Internet, it was clearly difficult for aud

Bette Midler in HELLO, DOLLY coming to London in 2019?  Jan 12 2019, 02:56:16 PM

To be honest, I doubt Elaine wants to do it anymore. I can see it would be a tempting offer for her (2 shows per week in a high-profile lead role like this - when is an offer like that likely to come up again?) but I still doubt she would play second fiddle to Bette. I’d love to see her do it though and Bette and Elaine are quite good friends, I think.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You