pixeltracker

A Chorus Line - Signature Theatre- Page 2

A Chorus Line - Signature Theatre

AEA AGMA SM
#25A Chorus Line - Signature Theatre
Posted: 11/10/19 at 3:37pm

bk said: "Well, I watched and thought it looked absolutely dreadful - only brief shots, I know, but all the floor lights and hyped up concert lighting is so wrong for this show. I miss Tharon Musser - she was a lighting designer who understood exactly what she was lighting."

Tharon Musser pioneered the use of a fully computerized lighting console on Broadway with the original production (not to mention the incredible work she did on the original production of Dreamgirls). I have no doubt that if she had hypothetically designed the show in the 80s, 90s, or even today, that she would embrace whatever techniques, equipment, and technology would be available at the time. She was not named the Dean of American Lighting Designers for keeping her design aesthetic rooted in a 1970s mindset.

GetUp&LiveIt
#26A Chorus Line - Signature Theatre
Posted: 11/11/19 at 2:10pm

I saw the show this weekend. It was superb. Matthew Risch is a brilliant Zach and it's hands down the best acted production of Chorus Line I have ever seen. And you don't miss Bennett's choreography at all except for Music and The Mirror, but I think that's more that ability of the dancer and less the choreography.

Morosco- Several larger mirrors are flown in for Music and The Mirror. Otherwise it is just that strip of mirror. It works perfectly well and in fact makes the piece feel much less literal, which lets be honest Chorus Line isn't realism. If we want to nitpick the authenticity of Chorus Line then I have a long list of notes for the original writers.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#27A Chorus Line - Signature Theatre
Posted: 11/11/19 at 2:43pm

The choreography looks odd. I'm all for reinventing the show, but all that partnering stuff during the montage seems weird.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.