pixeltracker

R+H's Cinderella starring Brandy and Whitney Houston coming to Disney+ in Europe; US soon?- Page 2

R+H's Cinderella starring Brandy and Whitney Houston coming to Disney+ in Europe; US soon?

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#25R+H's Cinderella starring Brandy and Whitney Houston coming to Disney+ in Europe; US soon?
Posted: 2/13/21 at 11:00pm

CORRECTION:

This original post by me was incorrect. A little more research shows that the program *was* shot on film, so it could've been transferred to HD. It is possible that the production was "finished" on videotape and that the special effects were produced on videotape. If this is the case, the original film elements could be transferred to HD, but the special effects would have to be recreated for High Definition.

However, it was one of the most expensive television movies produced up until that time and Whitney Houston had expectations that it would be released theatrically. If, at some point, a theatrical release was anticipated, then all of the work would've been completed for film and not videotape. I guess only Disney really knows at this point...

Updated On: 2/13/21 at 11:00 PM

FosseTharp Profile Photo
FosseTharp
#26R+H's Cinderella starring Brandy and Whitney Houston coming to Disney+ in Europe; US soon?
Posted: 2/16/21 at 1:28pm

It's Possible: An Oral History of 1997's "Cinderella"

Here is an absolutely fantastic (and long) piece about the creation of “the Brandy Cinderella” from Shondaland with tidbits from the living cast and crew — including actors Brandy Norwood, Paolo Montalban, Bernadette Peters, Whoopi Goldberg, Jason Alexander, and Victor Garber; along with executive producers Debra Martin Chase, Craig Zadan, and Neil Meron; director Robert Iscove, writer Robert L. Freedman, choreographer Rob Marshall, and costume designer Ellen Mirojnick.

BroadwayBreakdown Profile Photo
BroadwayBreakdown
#27R+H's Cinderella starring Brandy and Whitney Houston coming to Disney+ in Europe; US soon?
Posted: 2/28/21 at 10:53pm

Hey All!

Sorry to revive an old thread, but for anyone who’s interested I just did an interview with CINDERELLA’s music director Paul Bogaev and he talks about the process of adapting the score for the ‘97 movie--including a great story about Whitney Houston recording “There Is Music in You”! Paul’s also done tons of Broadway (AIDA, CHESS, SUNSET BOULEVARD), other TV movies (ANNIE) and film (CHICAGO, NINE, DREAMGIRLS) and has some wonderful insight on vocal performance and music adaptation, as well as some fun facts on his projects (like Laurie Beechman getting close to playing Florence in CHESS). Take a listen if you have the time! Fair warning: there’s some explicit language...Paul and I both have a fondness for cursing :)

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/broadway-breakdown/id1260430031#episodeGuid=tag%3Asoundcloud%2C2010%3Atracks%2F995285593

Updated On: 3/1/21 at 10:53 PM