News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for FosseTharp

FosseTharp Profile Photo
Member Name: FosseTharp
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Cabaret stunt casting  Apr 12 2024, 02:28:15 PM

I’ve been saying for years (probably since the 2014 revival) that Carey Mulligan needs to be Sally and should have opened this production!  

Evan Rachel Wood would also make a great Sally.  So would Margaret Qualley especially with her classical dance training.  

Jim Parsons, Katie Holmes, Zoey Deutch to Star in ‘Our Town’ Revival on Broadway  Apr 3 2024, 09:38:19 PM

dramamama611 said: "Yes, my thought, too! Thomas seems to old for Webb, at nearly 73, he seems far better suited for the SM.

I truly adored Cromer's version (however many years ago now) and have my doubts that this can live up to my my very visceral experience with that.....but I'll let them try!

Oh, I didn't realize Mother Play was a limited run!
"

To this day, seeing Cromer’s “Our Town&rdquo

J. Antonio Rodriguez Forced to Stop Performing in Hadestown Tour Due to DACA Delays  Mar 29 2024, 11:10:12 PM

My take is his contract is still in place, so if this all gets fixed before his contract expires he gets back on stage and resumes performing and getting paid fulfilling his contract.  They’re not replacing him with a new full time Orpheus and offering that actor a contract… so he gets to continue the role if his DACA status is handled before the tour ends. 

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?  Mar 12 2024, 04:37:47 PM

Evan Rachel Wood was on The Tonight Show w/Fallon and performed Miley Cyrus’ “Flowers” as Audrey! So I thought I’d share here. 

https://youtu.be/LKdXynMVbOI?si=qgkYlMWUGcllFeMn

Who will be the next Broadway Madame Rose?  Feb 17 2024, 10:20:16 PM

If I were directing or producing the next big budget, high profile revival of Gypsy; the very first person I’d have on my wish list to offer the role to would be Kate Winslet.  Guaranteeing a financial hit and recoupment + get Kate the T to complete that EGOT!  Also, no idea if she can sing — but I think Margaret Qualley would make an excellent Louise…  assuming she can sing. Haha

Dianne Warren musical in development from DiPietro and Marshall  Feb 17 2024, 03:26:41 PM

WestEndGal said: "KevinKlawitter said: "That's a great cast. Goes to show how respected Dianne Warren is.

EDIT: Okay, what the hell...JERRY BRUCKHEIMER is a character in this show!?!
"

Didn’t she write “I Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing” from Armageddon?! Just imaginehow overwrought and hammedup a MT singer singing that song is gonna be, lol!
"

Jerry Bruckheimer also produc

'Boy Falls From Sky': A(n unproduced) film based on the making of 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark'  Dec 11 2023, 10:10:18 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "My first thought was Julianne Moore as Julie Taymor."

My first thought was Mary Louise Parker. 

'Boy Falls From Sky': A(n unproduced) film based on the making of 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark'  Dec 11 2023, 09:59:41 PM

Is this an adaptation of Glen Berger’s Song of Spider-Man? I’m actually shocked that hasn’t been made into a film or miniseries yet…. Or season of Ryan Murphy’s AHS 😂. Unless it can’t be made for legality and litigation purposes haha

The best structured musicals  Oct 12 2023, 03:29:26 PM

FosseTharp said: "This thread immediately reminded me of the NY Mag article from 2011 with Jesse Green, Nora Ephron, Frank Rich, George C Wolfe and Jonathan Tunick where they discussed and came up with the definitive best musical ever written (On Paper).

I just found the link but as it’s been over a decade since I read the article I could be wrong but I believe the consensus became GUYS AND DOLLS as the best written on paper. I believe FIDDLER was #2, IIRC.

The Greatest Musical: “I Can’t Live With ‘West Side Story’ Not Being Among the Finalists”
"

Nevermind, Fiddler was one of the 13 eliminated off the bat… which is shocking to me but now I remember that being the case when reading it initially which I thought was shocking. 

The best structured musicals  Oct 12 2023, 03:20:07 PM

This thread immediately reminded me of the NY Mag article from 2011 with Jesse Green, Nora Ephron, Frank Rich, George C Wolfe and Jonathan Tunick where they discussed and came up with the definitive best musical ever written (On Paper).  

I just found the link but as it’s been over a decade since I read the article I could be wrong but I believe the consensus became GUYS AND DOLLS as the best written on paper. I believe FIDDLER was #2, IIRC. 

The Greatest Musical: “I Can’t Live With ‘West Side Story’ Not Being Among the Finalists”

Dicks: The Musical  Aug 2 2023, 03:52:00 PM

When I read this thread title— for some reason my mind immediately thought they were making a musical about the movie Dick  with Kirsten Dunst and Michelle Williams.  I have no Idea why, I haven’t thought about/seen  that movie since the early aughts. Hahaha.

Cabaret Casting 2924  Jul 14 2023, 03:12:37 AM

desperateAndee said: "Someone mentioned Julia Garner in another thread and now I can't stop thinking about that."

up until this second the only person I wanted to see play Sally was Carey Mulligan.  I was wrong…. Julia Garner is the correct choice. Full stop. 

Twizzlers and M & Ms-why dear god?  May 29 2023, 03:04:03 PM

Bettyboy72 said: "I always overtip the bartenders. They have the sorry job of having to charge people $30 for a cocktail. I’m sure many people cheap out because they just paid $30 for a cocktail.”

I’m not sure how it is on Broadway, but I tended bar for Broadway in Chicago while in college…. and you don’t need to feel bad for them if it’s anything similar…. Haha and we made BANK off of tips even thoug

WGA strike impact on the 2023 Tonys  May 21 2023, 11:21:07 PM

Apologies for bumping this thread for something off topic (sort of)— but I just started watching the finale of American Idol and it got me thinking… How in the [expletive] was this allowed to continue on.    Do no WGA members work on Idol?   I’m just confused as this is Disney who is the most powerful of those the WGA is striking. 

As I’m now watching the finale (that’s already aired) I didn’t want to google this

Most suspenseful play you've seen?  Apr 29 2023, 09:35:12 PM

The Innocents 

The Pillowman

Let the Right One In. 

Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January  Nov 23 2022, 05:44:58 AM

^ And my whole rant is because your response to what a lax said.   Blaxx’s comment was solely about Jinkx being the stunt casting. It’s Chicago. They’re going to have one of their regulars be Roxy opposite A STUNT PERFORMER. It has nothing to do with bringing in a new Roxy opposite Jinkx Because they do or don’t have x amount of scenes together. 

its because Jinkx is the shows publicity for that 8 weeks. Of course they’re going to hav

Jinkx Monsoon to Play Mama in CHICAGO this January  Nov 23 2022, 05:33:28 AM

blaxx said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Let’s just say, I’m old enough to have seen Bob Fosse’s original 1975 Broadway production with both Gwen and Chita then Reinking and Nemetz, at least 10 times excluding the many times I second acted the show. I’ve also seen every cast change for the 1996 Broadway revival up until 2005 and did my first revisit when Pamela Anderson did her short run several months ago. I know the musical more than 98% of those posting on here. cheeky"

Well, then you're old enough to know my Roxie predictions aren't wrong then.
"

Let’s just say, at your age you should understand not every. Single. Word., said should be taken literally.  You’re old enough to realize that if you took the time to comprehend what someone is [actually] saying you would understand; agree or disagree;  and add to the conversation or move along…. Instead of posting a response like an arrogant, holier than thou, one-upper; who needs to school every poster on BWW for not speaking in absolute terms with 100% accuracy with no room for any tongue in cheek remarks and definitely no sarcasm or figurative responses. Everything. Must. Be. Literal. 

AND GOD FORBID YOU MENTION A TWITTER POST OR INSTAGRAM PHOTO and only add a link to your source instead of imbedding a screenshot to the BWW thread  so people have to use all their energy to click the link or use google. But then— you’ll be the first to respond to an honest question someone posts with a gif of lmgtfy and your clever google typing their question. 
(yay! See cat run. Ask Zoe later!) 

i really respected the knowledge you had and stories you shared but the past couple years your posts are so narcissistic and condescending.   It’s like you thrive on someone not posting their he way you feel this site should be policed.   Like you get off every time you get to “correct” someone for including a link instead of imbedding it in the forum…..

The past few years you’ve neglected to read and comprehend what someone is trying to say and sh*t on their post with your response. Even if what you say is  right or adds to the conversation; the way you respond is extremely off putting.   The arrogance and condescending tone gets worSe and harder to bare. 

Please Brody… take the time to read someone’s post; comprehend what they mean; and don’t be a conde****** *******.    That’s all. I digress. 

Have you ever used a clipboard to get into seeing a Broadway show?  Aug 5 2022, 01:55:29 PM

Lot666 said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "I’ve used the “I forgot my wallet at that restaurant” 3-4 times to get into Times Square 10-15 minutes before the New Year’s ball drop. As many know, all the crossed streets/blocks into Times Square are closed off and heavy police control so no one is allowed to cross. I used that wallet excuse and they let me and my group in and we dashed 42nd Street to Times Square. It always baffled me that people stood in Times S

Actual Video Footage Of Jessica Tandy In STREETCAR  Jun 28 2022, 11:58:14 PM

Thank you for this. 

The Sound of Music at La Mirada  May 14 2022, 02:24:57 PM

LOL When I read the subject line my brain registered as “The Sound of Music at La MaMa” and I got really confused for a split second. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You