The return of Spacey

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#50The return of Spacey
Posted: 5/25/21 at 10:34am

@joevitus I basically agree with most of that. Since we are talking about Spacey here, I think the argument would be that he could have a post-disgrace arc similar to Mel's. First an obscure role in an obscure foreign film, then tiptoes back towards the mainstream. I think the difference between the two (and maybe I am not familiar enough with the extent of what we know about Mel's sexual abuse) is that Mel's sins have mostly been in what he has said which is not Kevin's issue. But as some have pointed out, not everyone who has done very bad things has been kept away from show business. 

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#51The return of Spacey
Posted: 5/27/21 at 9:35am

Jordan Catalano said: "Ugh. Well it’s got Vanessa Redgrave so I’m not gonna pretend I won’t ever watch it."

btw it's just been confirmed that Redgrave won't be in the movie

KFC1991
#52The return of Spacey
Posted: 5/27/21 at 10:20am

HogansHero said: "@joevitus I basically agree with most of that. Since we are talking about Spacey here, I think the argument would be that he could have a post-disgrace arc similar to Mel's. First an obscure rolein an obscure foreign film, then tiptoes back towards the mainstream. I think the difference between the two (and maybe I am not familiar enough with the extent of what we know about Mel's sexual abuse) is that Mel's sins have mostly been in what he has said which is not Kevin's issue. But as some have pointed out, not everyone who has done very bad things has been kept away from show business."

All good points. 

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#53The return of Spacey
Posted: 7/8/21 at 10:49am

Faye Dunaway has joined the cast. Honestly, the woman hasn't taken a good decision in like 30 years