pixeltracker

The Last Match: A Pro-Wrestling Musical

The Last Match: A Pro-Wrestling Musical

macbeth Profile Photo
macbeth
#1The Last Match: A Pro-Wrestling Musical
Posted: 9/29/22 at 8:04pm

Did anyone happen to catch the concert? I didn't really care for the album, but some of the clips make it look fun staging wise - but as we all know, that doesn't make a musical. 

Did anyone go? 

AntV
#2The Last Match: A Pro-Wrestling Musical
Posted: 9/30/22 at 10:56am

As a wrestling fan it was a lot of fun being up close to the ring and seeing Ramin and Amber become those wrestling characters and hit some moves. Ramin took a lot of moves as if he were a pro and Amber did a nice flying crossbody in an epic final moment. Was nice to see Matt Cardona being a great heel riling up the audience and seeing the other pros as well work in the ring. The energy from the audience was very high which made it even more enjoyable.

As for the show and the songs, there was a good buildup that had you anticipating the "last match" but getting there had pacing issues where it started to feel too long and also repetitive at points. It was 2:15 with no intermission, they can definitely cut some stuff but of course it was a tryout. The lyrics of the songs were often hard to understand over the loud band but that's just a sound issue. And while there were some fun songs, there were also some ballads that felt bland, or maybe that was because I couldn't understand the words well.

But overall it was a really fun experience as both a wrestling fan and theater fan. Hope they work on it a little bit and bring it back soon. Definitely worth checking out if you are interested.

Voter
#3The Last Match: A Pro-Wrestling Musical
Posted: 3/6/23 at 6:10pm

I am so confused. Is The Last Match coming to Broadway?

What is happening on April 24?

boonanas
#4The Last Match: A Pro-Wrestling Musical
Posted: 3/6/23 at 7:18pm

Voter said: "I am so confused. Is The Last Match coming to Broadway?

What is happening on April 24?
"

There's no way this thing comes to Broadway unless there's big names attached.  I saw it and it is NOT Broadway ready, and I doubt it will be.