pixeltracker

Fontana, Boggess & Sieber in THE GOODBYE GIRL Off-Broadway- Page 3

Fontana, Boggess & Sieber in THE GOODBYE GIRL Off-Broadway

RunnyBabbit
#50Fontana, Boggess & Sieber in THE GOODBYE GIRL Off-Broadway
Posted: 6/8/23 at 7:50pm

sparklingtonic2 said: "Does anyone know why Santino dropped out? I’m a little surprised the casting change got no press coverage at all (that I could find)."

From what I could tell while eavesdropping before the performance I saw, it sounded like he might have had covid and couldn’t do the first week of performances (and possibly the rehearsals?), and then it was just easier to keep having his understudy do the rest of the performances instead of trying to work Santino in.

Penna2
#51Fontana, Boggess & Sieber in THE GOODBYE GIRL Off-Broadway
Posted: 6/8/23 at 7:52pm

sparklingtonic2 said: "JSquared2 said: "…So that means he didn't do ANY performances, right? Talk about a "bait and switch"."

Does anyone know why Santino dropped out? I’m a little surprised the casting change got no press coverage at all (that I could find).
"

From what I gathered here, the first missed performances were scheduled, then he had a bad case of covid which lasted for the balance of the run.

sparklingtonic2
#52Fontana, Boggess & Sieber in THE GOODBYE GIRL Off-Broadway
Posted: 6/18/23 at 2:22pm

Thanks, RunnyBabbit and Penna2! That’s too bad that he had Covid. I hope he’s fully recovered now.

I’ve been interested in him lately because I just watched the first season and a half of “crazy Ex Girlfriend.” He’s so good in it!

Updated On: 6/18/23 at 02:22 PM

Videos