News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RunnyBabbit

Member Name: RunnyBabbit
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
 May 15 2024, 10:31:12 AM
jacobsnchz14 said: "DEATH BECOMES HER Will Open at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre This Fall (broadwayworld.com)"

They didn’t waste any time. I already got an email with the presale info.

I really love that they’re making changes every day, but I do think they probably could have probably waited an extra few months and done a bit more work. That said, I’ll definitely go see it again in NYC (and I’m trying to figure out if I can make it back to Chicago before it closes).

It’s too bad they aren’t able to get a different Viola. Michelle sounds amazing, but the acting just isn’t there. The material for Viola needs some work, but I don’t think anything will help her. Love the rest of the cast though and I’m excited to see it after they’re even more settled into their characters.

Dame Judi : Trigger Warnings
 May 15 2024, 09:14:20 AM
I don’t get why people get so triggered by trigger warnings. If they don’t apply to you, great. Just ignore them. It’s what I do. If they’re helpful for people to know what’s coming, great. They can read them. A couple of words before a performance/movie/tv show hardly seems like a big deal to me.
 May 9 2024, 03:20:39 PM
jacobsnchz14 said: "In response to the ending:
Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
I also had wished the large angel grave opened up (almost like the vial container does) to reveal Viola delivering her last lyric. Also, there HAS to be a way to implement the signature ending of the film in there with the two women collapsing down the stairs an
Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
 Feb 13 2024, 04:36:00 PM
QueenTwinnied said: "Oh it is. And very amateur looking"

But at least they gave Ariana better hair & eyebrow colors.

Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
 Feb 6 2024, 11:54:00 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "RunnyBabbit said: "The OP is a dumbass, but HIPAA has literally nothing to do with this."

What the hell did I say??

"

Lol! Sorry - not you!  I meant the poster the person I was replying to was replying to.  (And now my brain is thinking “two guys writing a musical about two guys writing a musical.”)

Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
 Feb 6 2024, 07:37:03 PM

Huss417 said: "Have you ever heard of HIPAA Privacy Rules?
Then again I guess you just prefer being miserable."

That commenter is a dumbass, but HIPAA has literally nothing to do with this.

SIX On Broadway launches Royalty Program with rewards
 Feb 6 2024, 11:56:22 AM

Seeing a show that many times in one year to get to some of these reward levels is crazy.

Me thinking about how many times I saw the Hello, Dolly! revival: Carry on.

Best Site for Wicked Tickets
 Dec 8 2023, 11:11:46 AM
Every online ticket website will have fees. You can try third party sites like StubHub, but they’re going to have ridiculous fees and it’s unlikely you’ll get a good deal. Wicked is Wicked. Tickets don’t really sell for cheap. You’re most likely going to have to pay full price and the best option for that is going to be Telecharge.
ALL THAT CHAT Message Board down for over a week
 Nov 18 2023, 05:27:02 PM

ATC seems to be back up now.

BC/EFA Fall 2023 Collections
 Nov 12 2023, 07:58:56 PM
The Wicked tour stop in Philly had tote bags for $25, signed posters for $150, and the makeup brushes used to paint Elphie green for $250.
CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
 Nov 9 2023, 09:40:10 AM
This was a mild interest show for me when it was announced. I’ve seen clips from the London production and thought they were fine but not a must see. But now with Bebe, it’s definitely a must see.
Broadway needs to start using Yondr pouches
 Nov 5 2023, 12:33:42 PM
I know they tell people to turn off their phones before putting them in the pouches, but I’m just picturing all the same people who don’t even silence their phones during shows still not silencing them, and now they’re ringing in a pouch where the person can’t even figure out how to stop it.
LEMPICKA announcement teased for next week
 Oct 30 2023, 04:27:22 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "7pm weeknight curtains are tough on people who don't live in NYC, but the data may show that those people just aren't coming in at a worthy rate."

The 7pm curtain works out so much better for me.  I come up from Philly and both Amtrak and Megabus got rid of their 11pm return trips, so it's 10pm returns; or NJ Transit and then Septa (which rarely works out timing wise) or an hour long drive home.  An 8pm curtain rea

SPAMALOT To Play The St James This Fall
 Oct 26 2023, 09:46:12 AM
stlrod said: "Sort of surprised by the apparent lack of enthusiasm for this show. Pulled up some dates for an upcoming trip and the theater appears to be wide open."

The original was “lovingly ripped off” from the movie. This one just feels “sadly ripped off” from the original Broadway production.

I enjoyed it at the Kennedy Center, but of all the shows I’ve seen there, this was probably at the bottom of my list of shows I would have liked to se

Any coupon codes for Merrily We Roll Along?
 Oct 19 2023, 09:23:56 PM
mamaleh said: "The website lists some seats as "promo seats." What are they?"

When you click on them they say Amex seats, so I assume you just need to use an Amex card to purchase. They’re definitely not cheaper than the surrounding seats.

Based on that Lauren Boebert video, do you think theatres are deliberately allowing bootlegs?
 Sep 18 2023, 11:07:17 AM

There’s probably very little reason to look at security video unless an issue arises. Sure, the theatres could go through every video and try to track down bootleggers, but the only reason for this video to be reviewed (and subsequently become public) was because of an issue that arose during the show.

Sep 11 2023, 09:46:55 PM

Is the migrant crisis affecting broadway?
 Aug 31 2023, 10:48:10 AM

ACL2006 said: "Why haven't the mods locked this thread? I even mentioned Beanie, which usually gets it deleted easily around here."

Quick! Someone say something about Patty Murin! That should do it, right?

What's next for the Marquis Theatre?
 Aug 23 2023, 05:59:48 PM

DJD4 said: "Cause a lot of people get mad when people start a new thread about a conversation that's already happened."

That’s usually when someone starts a new thread instead of replying to the thread from a few days prior.  Not when the thread is 11 years old.

What's next for the Marquis Theatre?
 Aug 22 2023, 11:50:25 PM

What’s with all of these super old threads being dug up recently? This is at least the 3rd one I’ve seen in the last few days.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You