Guess 5th Avenue's Season

macbeth Profile Photo
macbeth
#1Guess 5th Avenue's Season
Posted: 3/3/24 at 2:24pm

https://www.instagram.com/the5thavenuetheatre

Guessing Hairspray (TV?), Some Like it Hot (Sax?), Mary Poppins - the bag? 

OrchardAndRivington Profile Photo
OrchardAndRivington
#2Guess 5th Avenue's Season
Posted: 3/4/24 at 1:35am

I love a good Season Guessing Game!

TV - Hairspray makes the most sense.. the tour played to a sold out week at the Paramount last year, so bringing it back as the 5th's summer show makes sense, especially if the tour starts to wind down and it closes here, since the original production did its Pre-Broadway tryout at the 5th in 2002, though I'd love to see them self produce a production when the rights are available. (Other possibilities: How to Succeed..., Bye Bye Birdie)

Saxophone - Some Like It Hot tour makes sense since the 5th has also booked Kinky Boots, Fun Home and The Prom and likes to support Broadway tours with LGBTQ+ themes.

Carpet Bag - Mary Poppins, probably the holiday show in the December slot and would be making it's 5th Avenue debut. (Mrs Doubtfire would be a guess if it hadn't done a pre-Bway run here in 2019)

Rings - Triumph of Love, an oddball guess, I know, but the text the 5th used to accompany the picture is "some bonds are never meant to be broken" and there is a song in ToL called 'The Bond That Can't Be Broken' This also fits the obscure musical slot, similar to Something's Afoot this season. (My Fair Lady is the predictable, boring choice..but HIGHLY possible, Maybe I Do!, I Do!, but only if it was in conjunction with ACT.)