News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for OrchardAndRivington

OrchardAndRivington Profile Photo
Member Name: OrchardAndRivington
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/21/24  Apr 23 2024, 02:40:23 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "Back to the Future is our next Lion King, like it or not."

Not with those grosses it isn't. BttF has been struggling to elevate to bonafide hit status since it opened. It is probably barely breaking even most weeks and has only played to sold out houses 3 weeks since it opened.

The Winter Garden has too much potential profit for the Shuberts to let an underperforming show stay there long term. They

HAMILTON -> Las Vegas?  Mar 31 2024, 01:53:44 PM

MJ would find a tough road in Vegas as long as Cirque's Michael Jackson ONE is running.

Guess 5th Avenue's Season  Mar 4 2024, 01:35:10 AM

I love a good Season Guessing Game!

TV - Hairspray makes the most sense.. the tour played to a sold out week at the Paramount last year, so bringing it back as the 5th's summer show makes sense, especially if the tour starts to wind down and it closes here, since the original production did its Pre-Broadway tryout at the 5th in 2002, though I'd love to see them self produce a production when the rights are available. (Other possibilities: How to Succeed..., Bye Bye Bi

What Next For The Majestic?  Dec 6 2023, 01:34:14 AM

to paraphrase.. "What 'Industry Friends'? My Industry Friends came to me from the grave and told me that their Industry Friends were big liars!" :-)

For those having seen Sunset UK, would its full use of the indoor/outdoor space work as well at the Majestic as it apparently does at the Savoy? Would the hotel fka Milford Plaza alleyway/stage door be helpful?

Has there ever truly been a show that had a total financial turnaround after the Tony's?  May 18 2022, 08:24:57 PM

While never a mega-hit,Urinetown saw a major uptick in business thanks to Tony attention that helped it run 2.5 years and outrun 2002 Best Musical winner, Thoroughly Modern Millie by 55 total performances (990 for Urinetown, 935 for Millie).

-WE 5/5/02 - $214,734 - 62.28%

Tony Nominations Monday 5/6/2002, receives 10 Nominations

-WE 5/12/02 - 267,587 - 82.33% 

Tony Awards Sunday 6/2/2002, wins 3 Tony Awards: Best Book, Score and Direction

-WE 6/9/02 - 3

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall  May 18 2022, 04:10:52 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "YvanEhtNioj said: "What else is in the pipeline and needs a theater (for musicals)?

The Susan Stroman trio: LITTLE DANCER, NEW YORK/NEW YORK, CRAZY FOR YOU

Has Little Dancer (re-)re-branded from Marie: Dancing Still back to Little Dancer? 

The Broadhurst is a good size for A Beautiful Noise... though I wish the Broadhurst would get a Schoenfeld style makeover/renovation at some point..

Tonight's performance of ALADDIN cancelled due to breakthrough COVID cases  Oct 1 2021, 06:31:02 PM

VotePeron said: "Incubation period is 3-5 days, so if folks were exposed yesterday they won’t test positive for a while."

Cut to.. almost EXACTLY 24 hours after your now prophetic post (and 3 days after the Tuesday night performance...) and we have the announcement of a week and a half shutdown due to more covid cases.. I hope this isn't the beginning of a trend..

Broadway Theatre  Aug 12 2021, 04:59:53 PM

Instead of a permanent renovation/restructure, I'd prefer something like they did at the Gershwin years ago (and which Wicked has managed to manipulate with great success)..

With all 3 Mezz walls in at the Gershwin the capacity for Wicked was 1773. When the Wicked producers removed the center section wall permanently, in August 2004, the Gershwin capacity bumped up to 1809. Then by January 2014 the total capacity for a single week topped out at 1926 (there were a few weeks at 

Rob Roth to step down  Apr 19 2021, 07:53:10 PM

"When the email was made public, Roth confirmed his words and officially stepped down from his involvement in Beauty and the Beast. "Upon consideration of recent events, it is clear that I am not in a position to lead this production at this time. I see now that the sentiments included in a private email that went public were thoughtless and insensitive, and I am profoundly sorry that my comments have caused unintended pain," he told The Stage."

This is right up the

ATG Looking to Buy More Broadway Theaters  Apr 3 2021, 04:50:31 AM

Unfortunately the opportunity for the Times Square Theatre to reopen as a legit Broadway house ended in 1997/1998 when Livent built the Ford Center. Instead of also renovating the Times Square and creating a way for the Times Square to be loaded in from 43rd Street, they only focused on the Apollo and Lyric to create their new space leaving the Times Square landlocked with access only from 42nd St.  

NYC has an ordinance that 42nd Street can not be shut down in

Who will take over the August Wilson and St. James Theatrs  Mar 31 2021, 11:43:23 PM

bwayboy22 said: "I heard a rumor that a big show that originally played the St. James was in talks for a revival with the OG star. If it’s true, I wouldn’t be surprised if it tried to go back to its original home."

I would actually LOVE to see a Tommy revival back at the St. James with Michael Cerveris as Captain Walker. 

Casting rumors that never happened, but you wish did  Dec 27 2020, 06:40:24 PM

Wasn't there also a rumor that the Sweet Charity revival would move to the Lyric/Hilton/Foxwoods/Ford Center with Britney Spears?

I'd also have loved to see Gloria Estefan replace Vanessa Williams in the 2002 Into the Woods revival (Billy Porter was also rumored, tho I'd rather have seen Estefan).

Not rumored, but I'd have LOVED to see Vanessa Williams as Queenie in the LaChiusa Wild Party. She was pregnant and unable to do the Broadway run so it went to Toni Col

Why Do Shows Change Theatres During their run?  Dec 12 2020, 05:13:13 PM

CATSNYrevival said: "Because they get kicked out by The Music Man."

...or Rocky..

The timing of the Mamma Mia to the Broadhurst announcement (4/18/13) and Rocky's opening at the Winter Garden announcement (4/19/13) would indicate to me that the Shuberts were looking to make a deal with Judy Craymer to clear out the Winter Garden for the big, shiny new show from Europe... just maybe not so conspicuously since Mamma Mia had dipped to playing t

Racist Rainbow  Aug 19 2020, 03:20:06 PM

Also, yesterday while this story was starting to unfold in this thread.. there were (at least) 2 RR videos in the 'Hot Stories' column, now there are none. There is actually no mention of RR anywhere on the main BWW screen that loads (on my comp, at least). So it does seem someone here at BWW has responded by removing the front page clickable video links.. but there is still not an article speaking to the twitter posts in debate on here either... and you can still find the videos if y

Nick Cordero Theatre  Jul 8 2020, 07:13:05 PM

This might be a nice way for the Shuberts to begin naming the New World Stages theatres.. Just because they haven't so far doesn't mean they can't or won't.. plus they can still refer to each theatre by number officially but have the theatre entrance display the person it is named after outside the entry doors to the seating areas. It seems like an easy yet significant way to honor some of the contributors to the American musical theatre landscape who wouldn't otherwi

Phantom to change to  Jun 23 2020, 08:27:57 PM

A quick Google Search shows Cameron Mackintosh with a net worth of $1.1 BILLION. Is he really so hard up to save a few dollars that he needs to erase any existence of the brilliant Original staging? I mean.. let's be real, even if he saves as much as $1M per year in royalty payments...(which seems high).. would that even make a dent in his fortune...?

The original Phantom production is a cultural icon. Seeing the 'reimagined' US tour last year reminded me how spec

Gershwin Theatre  Feb 6 2020, 03:53:32 AM

In 2002, for the revival of Oklahoma!, the Gershwin was reduced from 1933 seats to 1670, partly due to a wall being built behind row J of the Rear Mezz (other seats were lost in the front of the Orchestra due to the Oklahoma thrust stage).

When Wicked first opened the Gershwin Capacity was 1773. During the first year of Wicked's run, (beginning with Week Ending August 8, 2004) the center wall was removed and the center section of the Rear Mezz (Rows K, L, M) was added bac

NETworks is bringing back Hairspray tour in 2020  Jan 24 2020, 11:04:17 PM

With 51 dates remaining (not even including the Fall/Winter dates already passed), the currently Equity Beautiful Tour, may present the argument that 60+ for Hairspray as an Equity tour isn't out of the question... it isn't probable.. but it is possible.

Satine mid-show switch @ Moulin Rouge 1/1?  Jan 4 2020, 11:33:52 PM

At some point during the run of West Side Story at the Palace the lobby U/s board made its way to the inner lobby. I distinctly remember seeing the list of Understudies at the performance I saw posted in that inner lobby (next to the bar). Jeremy Jordan was on for Tony, Natalie Cortez was on for Anita, Haley Carlucci was on for Maria. I'm still grateful to have seen Jeremy Jordan as Tony, he was fantastic.

Satine mid-show switch @ Moulin Rouge 1/1?  Jan 3 2020, 04:13:44 PM

When I saw Hamilton Chicago in the summer of 2017 she was out. Don't know the track record she had on that, but its a guarantee that no matter what show she is in, no matter when I go to see it, I will see Karen Olivo's Understudy..

In The Heights - U/S (Krista Rodriguez was AMAZING)

West Side Story - U/S (Natalie Cortez was AMAZING)

Hamilton (Chi) - U/S (whichever U/S on was AMAZING)

The only time I have seen her live was Brooklyn.. before the current

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You