Movin' Out Cast, etc.

Galinda Profile Photo
Galinda
#0Movin' Out Cast, etc.
Posted: 3/6/04 at 9:37am

can anyone tell me about the news of Elizabeth Parkinson and Ashley Tuttle taking a leave of absence for the month of April?

i heard it from my sister, who heard it from a "theater friend," and i want to make sure that it's true before i bash my head on the wall. we went to see the show last year spring break, but she was gone that night.....and this year, who knows...i will be crushed for life Movin' Out Cast, etc..

thanks for all of your help!

break those chains.....with all you posess...

Broadwaygirl4life
#1re: Movin' Out Cast, etc.
Posted: 3/6/04 at 4:21pm

I don't think thats true. I know Michael signed until june or july. I believe they all signed, because when I saw Michael in August he resigned for another year and the rest of the cast did also. So maybe they are leaving but not in April, if so in june or july when the contract runs out.

Also I hope the don't leave they are both great people and have such talent and the show is doing so well!

"[My son]'s really into my music, but one day we were listening to Billy [Joel] in the car and he said, 'Daddy, I think Billy's songs are a little better than yours." (Michael Cavanaugh)

Galinda Profile Photo
Galinda
#2re: re: Movin' Out Cast, etc.
Posted: 3/6/04 at 5:51pm

all i heard is that maybe it was Elizabeth Parkinson and Ashley Tuttle....i sure hope it's not anyone else!

also, do you know if it's true that John Selya takes random days off...like Tuesdays and Thursdays?

ty

Broadwaygirl4life
#3re: re: re: Movin' Out Cast, etc.
Posted: 3/6/04 at 10:24pm

no i haven't heard that. but i know they all signed contracts in july sometime for another year, which means they all either signing it again in june or they are leaving. I'm hoping they stay. They are like one whole big family there. But I don't know that one about John Selya. Maybe he does. I have seen the show on a tuesday night and saturday night and he was there for both. If you other questions feel free to pm me.

"[My son]'s really into my music, but one day we were listening to Billy [Joel] in the car and he said, 'Daddy, I think Billy's songs are a little better than yours." (Michael Cavanaugh)

Galinda Profile Photo
Galinda
#4re: re: re: re: Movin' Out Cast, etc.
Posted: 3/7/04 at 5:14pm

i'm all set. thanks so much!

MOVIN' OUT LOVE!!! :-P

Broadwaygirl4life
#5re: re: re: re: re: Movin' Out Cast, etc.
Posted: 3/7/04 at 7:13pm

Haha sure no problem. Always here!

Lucy Harbin
#6re: re: re: re: re: re: Movin' Out Cast, etc.
Posted: 3/8/04 at 5:34pm

In reference to the John Selya question... I have been there on two Sunday matinees in the past month when Selya has been out. (Actually, on one of those Sundays, Selya, Parkinson, and Roberts were all out.) I don't know if he's regularly taking Sundays off now, or if it was just a coincidence. While I am certainly in utter awe at the physical feats they accomplish and am not surprised that sometimes their bodies aren't up to doing it six times a week, it IS too bad that when you buy a ticket it's such a crap shoot as to whether you'll be seeing all (or any) of the original leads. I do think the show is a different experience without them; they bring things to it that the other dancers I've seen in the roles don't.

It seems like one solution that would be fairer to the ticket buyers would be to switch the schedule so that the originals do five shows a week and the alternates three, thereby easing the toll on the originals and increasing the likelihood that they would be able to appear at all the performances they're scheduled for. Of course, I have no idea if this is something the dancers would welcome or if there are many weeks they are actually happy to do six (and happy about the paycheck that comes with it) and so wouldn't want the reduced salary that would come with regularly only doing five. And there probably aren't enough audience members who know or care who they see anyway, so all this idle speculation on my part is purely pointless!

Lucy Harbin
#7re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Movin' Out Cast, etc.
Posted: 3/23/04 at 1:57am

I was wondering if anyone had heard any more news about the leaves of absences of Elizabeth Parkinson and Ashley Tuttle. I passed the theatre and saw that neither of their names are currently among the cast list on the poster outside the door. Are they definitely both scheduled to return at some point, or might they have left permanently?

Videos