pixeltracker

Avenue Q and a their Tony performance- Page 2

Avenue Q and a their Tony performance

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#25re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Avenue Q and a their Tony performance
Posted: 4/10/04 at 10:01pm

Fine, Fine Line is a good song, but I'd think they would go with something with more of the cast in it...

I would think If You Were Gay would be a contender, since it was done at Broadway on Broadway... or maybe It Sucks to Be Me or For Now. They're both good songs that show off the entire cast. I kind of think that Everyone's a Little Bit Racist wouldn't be allowed.... it has the potential to be sort of offensive.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#26re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Avenue Q and a their Tony performance
Posted: 4/12/04 at 12:50am

They'll probably do "It Sucks to be ME". Kate can still say that one profanity, it'll just be bleeped out. I remember the Tony's showed a video clip of Nathan Lane doing his mini-monlogue from King of Broadway and they bleeped and blacked his mouth out when he said that same word. Since Kate doesn't have lips, I'm assuming they'll just do the bleeping.
Personally, I'd love to see them do Fantasies Come True cuz it would really show John & Stephanie off, but I know they won't cuz it's not the best promo song for the show.

NYCbabe3789 Profile Photo
NYCbabe3789
#27re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Avenue Q and a their Tony perfo
Posted: 4/12/04 at 7:49am

I think they should either do IT SUCKS TO BE ME or FOR NOW. THERE'S A FINE, FINE LINE is a great song but it only features one cast member. IF I WERE GAY would also be good but since there's a good chance that Stephanie D'Abruzzo will be nominated for a Tony, they should do something with her in it.