pixeltracker

WDW College Program (Internship) ?

WDW College Program (Internship) ?

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#0WDW College Program (Internship) ?
Posted: 9/13/04 at 10:03pm

I've been told some really GREAT things about the program, and some really HORRIBLE things about it.

I'm told if your a technicial theatre major, its a great program and you learn some valuable things. A great experience, especially if you love Disney.

However, I've also heard if you're going as a performance theatre major - then its totally bogus and not worth it whatsoever. That it is basically you working in the parks as a character, getting paid less then minimum wage, and going to just a few "classes."

Anyone have good experiences in the program, or advice?

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Broadway Pixie
#1re: WDW College Program (Internship) ?
Posted: 9/13/04 at 10:51pm

You should try to get in touch with Kristin B. or Marina P. They graduated the year before us and are now down there in the program. They both go to my school but I am not sure what their majors are.

"I'm gonna be someone! Hey world! Look out! It's Evelyn..."

Videos