MAcy's day parade?

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#25re: MAcy's day parade?
Posted: 9/29/04 at 10:47am

ahh - I see (said the blind man)

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#26re: MAcy's day parade?
Posted: 9/29/04 at 3:57pm

When is Macy's Day? I love a good sale.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#27re: MAcy's day parade?
Posted: 9/30/04 at 10:08am

There are always some Broadway numbers in this parade...usually significantly scaled back, lip synched and not the greatest rendition of the number in the show...but they are there anyway.

And...I am still not sure how we got from saying 'Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade' to 'Macy's Day Parade' (what and when is Macy's Day, anyway?)

Not picking on you...I know a lot of people who refer to it this way...I just don't know how this got started!!!! :)

"Life is a lesson in humility"

joeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
#28re: MAcy's day parade?
Posted: 9/30/04 at 10:15am

laziness...

redhotinnyc2
#29re: MAcy's day parade?
Posted: 9/30/04 at 10:17am

Bingo!

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

onlylisab Profile Photo
onlylisab
#30re: MAcy's day parade?
Posted: 9/30/04 at 12:02pm

You guys suck.

Yeah, last year I tuned in just to see Wicked perform. It was good times.

"First up was Max who sang "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" [...] I haven't seen that big of a reaction to a stair descent since Audra left the attic in Ragtime." --Seth Rudetsky

redhotinnyc2
#31re: MAcy's day parade?
Posted: 9/30/04 at 12:36pm

hey - another person for me to add to my blocked list. People who say we suck are not welcome around here.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#32re: MAcy's day parade?
Posted: 9/30/04 at 1:52pm

redhot - It depends on the context in which the phrase is used. Depending on the intended audience, it could simply be a factual statement in the literal sense.

God, I'm so bored at work...

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Updated On: 9/30/04 at 01:52 PM

joeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
#33re: MAcy's day parade?
Posted: 9/30/04 at 1:53pm

if you keep blocking them the way you're doing, you won't have anyone but Matt_G, Rath, and I to talk to...

redhotinnyc2
#34re: MAcy's day parade?
Posted: 9/30/04 at 2:37pm

and your point?LOL...you did leave off a few nice people like Mister Matt, Boobs, mominator - too many to mention - I won't be blocking any of them!

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#35re: MAcy's day parade?
Posted: 9/30/04 at 2:43pm

Wow - I'm pretty high up on your list, boys! Quite the honor.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#36re: MAcy's day parade?
Posted: 9/30/04 at 2:48pm

You all make me laugh! thanks :-P

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical