victor/ victoria??

DollyGirl Profile Photo
DollyGirl
#0victor/ victoria??
Posted: 10/10/04 at 11:37pm

What kind of roles are in this musical(any for teens)? Is the play alot different than the movie?

I've got forty more minutes of home economics Then down with the text books And up with the comics
Updated On: 10/10/04 at 11:37 PM

Mary_Ethel Profile Photo
Mary_Ethel
#1re: victor/ victoria??
Posted: 10/10/04 at 11:54pm

Unfortunately, I cannot remember ANY roles for teens or children in VICTOR/VICTORIA. Show follows movie quite closely.

"I say YOU'RE the CUTEST one. No, I say YOU'RE the CUTEST One. And we go on like that from dawn to three."

jmnpublications
#2re: victor/ victoria??
Posted: 10/10/04 at 11:59pm

Hi, DollyGirl,

The story of the stage version of V/V is almost identical to the movie. The characters are the same, too, except that the role of Norma Cassidy has been expanded a bit. The major difference is in the score. Many songs have been added, along with some great choreography. There is a cast album available, as well as a DVD. I wouldn't say there are really any roles for teenagers, per se, but the flower girl/street singer could potentially be an older teen. I wouldn't even cast teens in the chorus, because there is a great deal of sophistication needed to carry off the androgyny. Just my opinion.

FYI, Julie Andrews reprised her role of V/V. Michael Nouri played King Marchan, Tony Roberts played Toddy, Rachel York was Norma Cassidy, and Greg Jbara played Squash. The show wasn't perfect, but I liked it.

Videos