Longest Shows...

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#25re: re: Longest Shows...
Posted: 10/10/03 at 2:07am

Longest show that seemed the shortest: ANGELS IN AMERICA

Shortest show that seemed the longest: CATS!

PEACE.

King Stevos
#26re: re: re: Longest Shows...
Posted: 10/10/03 at 2:13am

The Shagraun, a great and hilarious play...but dam if it aint long as all out he11.

STEVOS

"IF I TRY THERE MAY BE A CHANCE / WE COULD LOVE WITH OUR EYES CLOSED/ WITH OUR EYES CLOSED WE COULD CHANGE THE WORLD!"- Stephen Dwight

JakeB
#27re: re: re: re: Longest Shows...
Posted: 10/10/03 at 5:46am

I saw a play the other day that started 7:45, finished 10:55. It was good but too long. I was tired.

#28re: re: re: re: re: Longest Shows...
Posted: 10/10/03 at 10:43am

I saw a prodcution of ANNE FRANK that I thought was the longest piece of whatever I had ever experienced.

RagtimeRay
#29Nicholas Nickleby
Posted: 10/11/03 at 5:37am

I was in a production of Nicholas Nickleby. It was about eight and one-half hours long. The script comes in two books - Part One is 165 pages long with one intermission, and Part Two is 172 pages long with two intermissions. When both parts were performed on the same day, there would be a dinner break between the parts.

When the show came to Broadway it made news because of its length and ticket price - $100 (at a time when Broadway musicals were selling for less than $50). Ah, the good old days.

The show was great fun.

Ray is the author of the Brad Frame mystery series, and two suspense novels. He is also the author of a one man play based on Ben Franklin. http://www.rayflynt.com

InspectorJavert Profile Photo
InspectorJavert
#30re: Longest Shows...
Posted: 10/11/03 at 10:26am

Long Day's Journey into Night. Has 2 intermissions and is 4 hrs long

Sieze the night!
Updated On: 10/11/03 at 10:26 AM

BrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
#31re: re: Longest Shows...
Posted: 10/11/03 at 5:13pm

Peter Pan has two intermissions.