TEACHEROFTHEATER
#25re: re: re: TABOO on TKTS??
Posted: 11/19/03 at 11:41am

thanks for the info Robyn:)

"MAY YOUR LIFE BE AS BRIGHT AS BROADWAY AT NIGHT"

robyn525600
#26re: re: re: re: TABOO on TKTS??
Posted: 11/19/03 at 11:50am

You're welcome! Sorry it took me a day or so to get back to you but I wanted to talk to her and get the "updated" info before I wrote anything.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away."

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#27re: re: re: re: re: TABOO on TKTS??
Posted: 11/19/03 at 12:09pm

Standing Ovations at curtain call don't mean a damn thing. It's when people stand after a particular song or moment (I believe way back when those were known as "show-stoppers") that is an indication of how well perceived the show and/or performer is. Like when Bernadette Peters gets standing ovations after Rose's Turn. She doesn't get them every night, so when she does it means that she was really on target that time.
Sometimes when I see a show, I stand during a curtain call just so I can friggin see over the person who stood up in front of me; not because I thought the cast deserved it.
When people come out during curtain call, I stand for whoever I think deserves it; and I will not stand until that person or persons comes out. They deserve to know that the ovation was for them and their performance, and not just because it's the common thing to do.

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

Toon
#28re: re: re: re: TABOO on TKTS??
Posted: 11/19/03 at 12:18pm

Rosie as far as I know has never stated she would never put Taboo up at TKTS or offer discounts. There have been conversations on other forums to the contrary, and in fact I believe Rosie has discussed discounts on another forum and never ruled them out. Don't be so quick to believe gossipy hearsay, especially the "I heard from a friend" kind of information. And please don't believe the Post. The performance that was said to have had only 250 people was almost sold out. People have posted that they had to settle for row J of the mezz because they were the best available.