pixeltracker

Win a copy of the Off-Broadway Little Shop of Horrors Show on VHS!- Page 2

Win a copy of the Off-Broadway Little Shop of Horrors Show on VHS!

BrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
#25re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 11/25/03 at 1:36pm

It is the off-Broadway cast. It was filmed for TV right before the show closed.

tkts
#26re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 11/25/03 at 1:40pm

Looks like he put his camera up to a TV set.

Cake or death?

Roscoe
#27re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 11/25/03 at 4:45pm

Was it ever broadcast on TV? Where did you get this? Which Off-Broadway cast is it? Can you name any of the actors? Was this filmed at the Orpheum Theatre? Is this a bootleg copy?

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

Kavana Profile Photo
Kavana
#28re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 11/26/03 at 9:20am

That video is legit, i have a copy it was recorded and shown on a Japanese channel

Little Shop of Horrors
October 1987
Marsha Waterbury, Bert Hilkes
Off Broadway Cast pro video A- quality

#29re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 12/1/03 at 3:38am

I've had a copy of this telecast since before I can remember - it was my first introduction to "Little Shop".
Audrey (Marsha Waterbury) and Seymour (Burt Hilkes) aren't all that great, and it's directed (and choreographed) by Victor Valentine, not Howard Ashman. From what I can remember, this video is "based on" the Off-Broadway production, but is in no way the same thing. It's still wonderfully fun and interesting, though.

Love,
Joshua