News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Kavana

Kavana Profile Photo
Member Name: Kavana
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Why No DREAMGIRLS Yet?
 Sep 6 2022, 10:42:11 PM

Most of the show is set backstage, what kind of staging do you want to see?  LED screens??

Hudson, Riley, Frenchie Davis, Moya Angela are all great vocalists but they did not rip the roofs off with their AITY. They were just ok. Producers cannot accept just ok for this show. All of the roles are iconic and I'm sure they would want vocal beasts. Effie does not work if she is giving us trained vocals. Holliday, White, and Lewis gave raw vocal techniques, No one can be lacking fr

WICKED Film will be split into two movies, releasing December 2024 and 2025
 Apr 26 2022, 12:59:47 PM

Imagine buying half of a musical soundtrack 

How would this get nominated, would the talent fyc both years?

how ever they explain it, this makes my head feel funny

Why anyone would trust Chu with their property after what he did to Jem is beyond me

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Apr 24 2022, 11:16:06 PM

The new girls don't have hours of training to take on these roles, so I understand where the backlash comes from. This young lady wished to play Fanny and her training besides vocal lessons was the cast album, film/and soundtrack. She is playing a version of herself, in her bedroom praying to play Barbra as Fanny in FG and not making the role her own. Thus we are reminded of the originator. 

You would not want to hear/see Ciara playing Effie White and the same should have appl

Why No DREAMGIRLS Yet?
 Feb 11 2022, 03:56:04 PM

The blk American community does not care who wrote the show, It is a staple in our community.

Dreamgirls is an expensive show to run and is Iconic. It was a vehicle for most of the cast that came from the OBC most of whom are still working today 30+ years later. What was the OBC was magic and that is hard to recreate from the cast, design, and sound. There have been attempts to bring the show back to Bway but I don't think they received the recognition they wanted, which I think is

Steven Spielberg's WEST SIDE STORY - News & Discussion Thread
 Dec 3 2021, 11:54:57 AM

I wish I had not listened to the soundtrack, it's perfect in every way.

David Newman & Jeanine Tesori killed it!

Ppl are sleeping on Ansel the kid has soul.

Stephen Sondheim Dead at 91
 Nov 26 2021, 05:45:16 PM

Going to be an emotional few weeks.

Do not let it grieve you.No one leaves for good

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
 Jun 17 2021, 09:18:45 AM

No one was annoyed with the product placements? I noticed a few but the one that stuck out was the tide stick during the dinner party

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
 Jun 15 2021, 07:16:31 PM

This film was a long commercial and it wasn't to be taken as a masterpiece. It was for theater kids. Ignoring colorism is ppl being ignorant and disrespecting Afro-Latinos/black and brown Americans. Lin is talented but he has continuously benefited from a genre that Brown ppl created and just have one character and that is the representation of them is a slap in the face. 

Why is Usnavi rapping? Who were his rap influences?  Eminem?

The rap/hip hop songs Lin w

RENT Live on Fox
 Jan 28 2019, 06:20:22 PM

Whoever said it was the wrong time for this show was correct, It should have aired during December. 

Everyone looked entirely too young and unbelievable.

This was nothing more than a cosplay karaoke version performed by fans

Mary Poppins Returns Teaser
 Mar 4 2018, 11:20:28 PM

ACL2006 said: "Ehhh. That did nothing for me. I'm still trying to see LMM as Bert working out. Just can't see it ending up well."

This story takes place 25 years after Poppins arrives, Lin is playing a character named Jack.

My question is, what will this characters back story be, How did this Puerto Rican man get to England in 1926, there were not many Ricans in England then and now..So???

Albums that should be made into Musicals
 Sep 1 2017, 07:27:47 PM

Azealia Banks - Broke with expensive taste

Sza - CTRL

ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Returning to Broadway
 Aug 8 2017, 12:12:09 PM

Arden is trolling.

We're not allowed to talk about Ben in Marc's shows?
 Jun 27 2017, 04:40:54 PM

Don't you come around these parts gossiping. White mediocre shows, untalented 90's babies, and white privlage. Nothing to see here

#TonysSoWhite ?
 Jun 12 2017, 08:07:34 PM

This years Tony Awards showed how mediocre sour milk can be. I'm still clueless as to why Cynthia & Leslie were asked and agreed to preform less than 15 lyrics with the rockettes behind them as if nm ..lmao 

Jennifer Holliday Hasn’t Committed Performing At Trump Inauguration??
 Jan 13 2017, 09:16:24 PM

MELANATED *BLACK* TRANSEXUAL HERE

Since we are posting race on our posts.

You ppl are robots. Everything that is America is shown in this thread as previous posters stated. You guys don't even see the tricks on being played on your eyes, You are filled with so much hate an artist singing a song, You all say f**k her religion/beliefs, and maybe she would be singing a gospel song. You don't have to support your new president but you were going to be

Cynthia EriVo
 Feb 12 2016, 12:40:55 AM

Well I'm just going to put this spell out there lol. After seeing Cynthia Erivo in The Color Purple and hearing Sister Act. She IS THE VOICE.

Cynthia Erivo to play the film Elphaba 

AMBER RILEY TO STAR IN DREAMGIRLS ON THE WEST END
 Feb 4 2016, 10:39:04 PM

They should have created a new star for the Original West end cast of this. Idk...Dreamgirls is THE SHOW to show those vocals.

HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
 Jan 13 2016, 12:38:33 PM

Cute & safe   

The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
 Dec 3 2015, 09:07:42 PM

SHANICE 

THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
 Dec 3 2015, 08:39:09 PM

OH MY GOSH TEARS TEARS They Ate this

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You