PIANO TO GUITAR

crazy4theater2
#0PIANO TO GUITAR
Posted: 5/1/05 at 6:25pm

Is there any difference between piano and guitar music, if so how do i change piano music into guitar music.

RentBoy86
#1re: PIANO TO GUITAR
Posted: 5/1/05 at 6:29pm

well most of the time if you buy a piano book they usually have guitar chords above the piano music. Guitar music is written in chords I think rather than piano music.

crazy4theater2
#2re: PIANO TO GUITAR
Posted: 5/1/05 at 6:35pm

I was asking because of the song i wrote i wrote in piano form and it must be changed to guitar form.

Plum
#3re: PIANO TO GUITAR
Posted: 5/1/05 at 7:07pm

If you want the guitar version of the song to have chords, use something like this website to get the fingerings:

http://chordfind.com/

If you want to pick out a melody, I guess you could notate it the same way chords are notated, but one note at a time.

I'm really inexperienced in guitar, so if anyone want to laugh at my suggestions and come up with something infinitely better, feel free. :) Piano-to-guitar isn't a natural conversion.
Updated On: 5/1/05 at 07:07 PM

Jazzysuite82
#4re: PIANO TO GUITAR
Posted: 5/1/05 at 9:39pm

I think it really depends on the composition. If you know about guitar, you can compose with the guitar in mind. If it's just a chord thing, you can transfer it pretty easily. It all depends on how detailed the piece is on guitar. For example, many of Adam Guettel's songs work well trnasfering to guitar (many he wrote for guitar). However, Sondheim on guitar is hell on earth to convert.

Videos