News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Congrats to Oklahoma City University..2 Tony Noms in 2 years

Congrats to Oklahoma City University..2 Tony Noms in 2 years

YeahRight
#0Congrats to Oklahoma City University..2 Tony Noms in 2 years
Posted: 5/10/05 at 1:42pm

Congrats to Oklahoma City University. They have produced back-to-back Tony nominees in just two years. Kristen lastn year in "Wicked" and now Kelli O'Hara in "Light". They are one of the few musical theater schools to do this!
http://www.okcu.edu/music/alumni.asp

And congrats to voice teacher Florenc Birdwell for producing her third Tony nominee: Kristen, Kelli, and Lara Teeter (and ..one hopes..one day..Stacy Logan!).

Yeah! Yeah! Hip Hooray!

Snoopy Profile Photo
Snoopy
#1re: Congrats to Oklahoma City University..2 Tony Noms in 2 years
Posted: 5/10/05 at 2:25pm

Yeah for Kristin and Kelli!

And think..a school in Oklahoma produced them!

Suppertime! Suppertime!!

Mr.  Tuttle Profile Photo
Mr. Tuttle
#2re: Congrats to Oklahoma City University..2 Tony Noms in 2 years
Posted: 5/10/05 at 3:24pm

Oh wow..Lara Teeter?

Where is he?

Ignorance is temporary. Stupidity last forever. Watch out BWW... HE'S BACK.

schlitze
#3re: Congrats to Oklahoma City University..2 Tony Noms in 2 years
Posted: 5/10/05 at 3:36pm

I am so excited for OCU! I went to two of their shows this year and both were very impressive. The students of Florence Birdwell are always amazing. I can't wait to see Parade there next season.

Chitty Profile Photo
Chitty
#4re: Congrats to Oklahoma City University..2 Tony Noms in 2 years
Posted: 5/10/05 at 3:57pm

Who is Laura Teeter?

Tirso de Molina
#5re: Congrats to Oklahoma City University..2 Tony Noms in 2 years
Posted: 5/10/05 at 7:10pm

No surprise that an Oklahoma college can produce Tony nominees -- Oklahoma *IS*, after all, the only state named after a Bway musical!

(and the official state song actually is the title song from OKLAHOMA!, so I'm sure it's the only state with a Bway show tune as its song)

"Sweet summer evenings, hot wine and bread / Sharing your supper, sharing your bed / Simple joys have a simple voice: It says why not go ahead?"

Mr.  Tuttle Profile Photo
Mr. Tuttle
#6re: Congrats to Oklahoma City University..2 Tony Noms in 2 years
Posted: 5/10/05 at 9:12pm

Oklahoma City University is about the only musical theater school in the middle land worth repute.

And who's Lara Teeter? Tsk. Tsk. That's what google is for.

Next you'll ask about their other legendary graduate, Tamara Long (and yes..another google).

Ignorance is temporary. Stupidity last forever. Watch out BWW... HE'S BACK.

starlight2
#7re: Congrats to Oklahoma City University..2 Tony Noms in 2 years
Posted: 5/10/05 at 10:50pm

And you and I will agree finally on one point..... Mr. "disagreable" Tuttle. Lara is amazing and was fantastic in his role on Broadway! (still say Stacey Logan was treated badly in her hometown, and it spread like wildfire all over the midwest and beyond, cause Ms Deb Gibson demanded the spotlight!!). I know that Phantom and Hairspray on Broadway have OCU Grads performing leads and supporting roles and several ensemble members in many shows! There are several in the Rockettes.
And Tamara Long, God rest her soul! She is the "Dame At Sea" IN OUR MEMORIES!

Updated On: 5/10/05 at 10:50 PM

Paul LW Profile Photo
Paul LW
#8re: Congrats to Oklahoma City University..2 Tony Noms in 2 years
Posted: 5/11/05 at 9:52pm

And the University of Michigan has 3 just this year! Jack O'Brien, Erin Dilly, and Celia Keenan-Bolger.

Holla!

=)

erinrebecca
#9re: Congrats to Oklahoma City University..2 Tony Noms in 2 years
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:03am

OCU is a great program and it's nice that some of their alumna are Tony nominees but this happens to most of the top MT/drama programs. Performers who are at that level would have been successful, no matter where they studied. :)

Chitty Profile Photo
Chitty
#10re: Congrats to Oklahoma City University..2 Tony Noms in 2 years
Posted: 5/13/05 at 2:00am

God..the happy parade has arrived!

Honey..the reason why these people are who they are is cause these are not just programs..but SUCCESSFUL program. Anyone can run a program. It's what they give you that make you and other a success.

And OCU is one of the top. No doubt about it.

Videos