LENNON: FANS AND WANNABE FANS

My Name in Lights
#0LENNON: FANS AND WANNABE FANS
Posted: 9/9/05 at 4:37pm

I went to the show last Saturday night and then again on Tuesday night. On Saturday, almost the entire theatre was filled, cept for the last outside seat in each row of the mezzanine. The crowd was fantastic! Even the cast said it was probably one of the best audiences they've ever had.

Tuesday was another story. Of course, school is open; tourists are gone; it's fall, and September/October is a generally slow time for theatre anyway; and Tuesday is the slowest day of the week everywhere. HOWEVER, the theatre was more than half empty, or less than half full, if you're an optimist. Worse, the crowd didn't really get some of the obvious jokes, such as Chuck as Sen. Thurmond. According to Julia, the weekends are pretty good, but during the week, it is pretty quiet.

This is very depressing, not only to me but, I know, to the cast as well. They are pretty much going week to week; so here's the thing...whether you are a LENNON fan such as I, or someone who has been planning to see it, but keeps putting it off because of whatever reason...if you truly want to see this most entertaining show and phenomenal cast, then you have to do it now. Not only will you be more assured of seeing it before it closes, but maybe you can make a difference as to whether it stays open longer. A boost in advanced ticket sales can also help.

Don't listen to the critics, decide for yourself!

StarbuckQAF
#1re: LENNON: FANS AND WANNABE FANS
Posted: 9/9/05 at 5:38pm

I second this -- Don't keep putting off seeing it if you can help it, because as much as I adore and love this show and cast, it will very obviously not be around forever, though it pains me to say. So please, if you're at ALL interested, take yourself down to the Broadhurst and get a ticket. It's worth it, and don't miss the chance to see this cast together on stage, because they're phenomenal.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2re: LENNON: FANS AND WANNABE FANS
Posted: 9/9/05 at 9:34pm

Ia bsolutely agree. I'm also guilty of letting the critics influence my decisions. However, I decided to go past what the critics said and see "Lennon" for myself. I went in expecting something horrible, and came out of the theatre thinking about what a great show it was.

GO SEE IT. Make up your own mind.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Apollo Profile Photo
Apollo
#3re: LENNON: FANS AND WANNABE FANS
Posted: 9/9/05 at 9:39pm

I saw it.

It was TERRIBLE.

Isagenix World Leader in Nutritional Cleansing and Replenishing™

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#4re: LENNON: FANS AND WANNABE FANS
Posted: 9/9/05 at 9:46pm

Well, at least you saw it. Sorry you didn't like it, though.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Videos