Edward Albee's SEASCAPE tonight

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#0Edward Albee's SEASCAPE tonight
Posted: 11/1/05 at 11:44pm

Frederick Weller...as a lizard. YUM! What a brilliant play. Frances Sternhagen is adorable as ever. I'll report more tomorrow, I have to head to bed now. But I highly recommend this Pulitzer Prize winning play! It's a lovely production with a top notch cast.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

QueenS
#1re: Edward Albee's SEASCAPE tonight
Posted: 11/2/05 at 9:34am

I saw the first preview and was enthralled. It's a beautiful production. They seemed to have cut a lot and the actors hadn't seemed to get their footing yet (literally--that stage is tricky). But very solid for a first performance.

I look forward to seeing it again.

George Grizzard was wonderful!

wexy
#2re: Edward Albee's SEASCAPE tonight
Posted: 11/2/05 at 9:34am

I'm seeing the matinee this afternoon.

'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'

kooky
#3re: Edward Albee's SEASCAPE tonight
Posted: 11/2/05 at 5:11pm

I'll be seeing it Sat. night - - - - can't wait !

wexy
#4re: Edward Albee's SEASCAPE tonight
Posted: 11/2/05 at 7:34pm

I saw Seascape this afternoon Nicely Done.

'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'

#5re: Edward Albee's SEASCAPE tonight
Posted: 11/3/05 at 2:19am

Not forgettin' how great Edward Albee is or nothin'...

and I am surely as respectful of high artistic achievement as the next gal, so I can't wait to have my mind expanded and horizons broadened by experiencing this masterpiece...

but I hope nobody will find me uncouth if I say that you people need to answer the most important question about this piece: DOES FREDERICK WELLER SHOW HIS WING WONG AGAIN???

Heard a rumor that he does, and naturally with money tight and the landlord at the door, a girl needs all the information she can get in order to make the hard decision about what ticket to buy.

kooky
#6re: Edward Albee's SEASCAPE tonight
Posted: 11/3/05 at 8:33am

Just go for it Joan !

twogaab2
#7re: Edward Albee's SEASCAPE tonight
Posted: 11/3/05 at 9:45am

No he dosn't but see this it one of the truely outstanding things I have seen this season.

Just my opinion, I may be wrong.

TWOGAAB "A Class Act" will never die!

Avigdor Profile Photo
Avigdor
#8re: Edward Albee's SEASCAPE tonight
Posted: 11/3/05 at 10:34am

AS I bypass the wing wong comment cause i cant believe someone asked that......
The production is very very good. Solid performancs, great costumes, great set, engaging through every moment. The simplicity of the show is what makes it so great. I have to check, but there seem to have been some cuts in dialouge...felt choppy in a couple of places, but that could just be me, and i really hated the lighting. it tried to hard to be subtle and only made you wonder if anything was going on.
this is a must see for everyone. a master class for actors and directors.

wexy
#9re: Edward Albee's SEASCAPE tonight
Posted: 11/3/05 at 11:22am

The costumes were amazing.

hedonism
#10re: Edward Albee's SEASCAPE tonight
Posted: 11/3/05 at 2:00pm

yes, sure, but does he show his wing wong?

Videos