pixeltracker

Stephanie Block in Yentl the musical...

Stephanie Block in Yentl the musical...

#0Stephanie Block in Yentl the musical...
Posted: 12/4/05 at 12:16am

discuss...

(why has no one ever done this movie as a stage musical? i think it would be amazing..Laura Benanti in the Amy Irving role..who would be Mandy's role?...Adam Brazier maybe? i think stephanie would be great!)

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#1re: Stephanie Block in Yentl the musical...
Posted: 12/4/05 at 12:22am

The movie was a musical long before it was a movie - 1975 - starring Tony-nominated Tovah Feldshuh.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
Updated On: 12/4/05 at 12:22 AM

BwayBoy25
#2re: Stephanie Block in Yentl the musical...
Posted: 12/4/05 at 2:00am

i would much rather see in her in another barbara streisand related role...maybe fanny brice?

hear the beat...

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#3re: Stephanie Block in Yentl the musical...
Posted: 12/4/05 at 2:03am

If Stephanie Block were in a Funny Girl revival, I'd hack and slash anyone who got in the way between me and a ticket.

This is my signature.

Mark in Oakland
#4re: Stephanie Block in Yentl the musical...
Posted: 12/4/05 at 2:12am

FYI: The 1975 Broadway version of "Yentl" starring Tovah Feldshuh & John Shea was NOT a musical - it was a play.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#5re: Stephanie Block in Yentl the musical...
Posted: 12/4/05 at 3:57am

I'm being punk'd, right?

Out there in cyberland someone must've decided to see if I would indeed reply to ANYTHING Steph related.

Well here I am.

Hope someone won a good bet! :)

Ok, truth is I love Yentl. Know every song in that movie by heart...even knew the movie itself by heart at one point. So I guess I wouldn't completely be against the idea. Lately though, I've been hoping that she gets to originate a broadway lead next with an already accomplished and respected creative team behind the project - and that it be something TOTALLY different than anything she's done before. Perhaps something SO different that it would have people questioning why she was even cast until they got their answer opening night! Oh, and as long as I'm making my "in a perfect world" Steph wish list... I do think she needs to go back to Bway, but I hope whatever it is she does next starts out in L.A.

Updated On: 12/4/05 at 03:57 AM

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#6re: Stephanie Block in Yentl the musical...
Posted: 12/4/05 at 11:13am

What happened to Haven?

This is my signature.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#7re: Stephanie Block in Yentl the musical...
Posted: 12/4/05 at 11:41am

A few people had asked her about Haven when the tour was in L.A., including myself. She seemed surprised I even knew about it because it was so long ago and her involvement in it was pretty brief. She definitely DOES NOT have plans of touring with it in 2006.

My goodness, could you imagine jumping right into another TOUR, no matter what the show, after traveling a year with WICKED?

Myth8r
#8re: Stephanie Block in Yentl the musical...
Posted: 12/4/05 at 1:37pm

I have often thought the same. It would be a perfect musical. It's already half way there.
Stephanie or Laura? that's a tough one. I would go for Laura for two huge reasons. She has the gravity to pull it off. She's young but carries herself with a more mature approach to character. She also looks the part more....although she may be too beautiful to believe as a man. As for Brazier.....inspired! Would never have thought that as he's sort of new on the B'way. But he has the voice and he's an amazing actor. All that being said what about John Lloyd Young? I think he and Brazier are both Tony Nom. bound this year.
On another topic there was a recent production of Yentl but it was entirely in Yiddish and four people saw it....they all thought it was dreck!

#9re: Stephanie Block in Yentl the musical...
Posted: 3/16/06 at 9:37pm

i was talking about Laura in the Amy Irving role because she is too pretty for Bab's role. i can totally see Stephanie in the short hair and glasses and the outfit. she'd be a cute boy....i would be the role of a lifetime, in my opinion...it COULD be up there with Mama Rose.
i am sure there are others out there who would be great in the role...but they NEED to do YENTL on Broadway. Of course they would need to write some more music so that Yentl isn't the only one singing! Aaron Lazar would be great too! i think i am going to buy the rights....AAAAHAHAHAH!!

Videos