Musical Sequels...

rockfenris2005
#0Musical Sequels...
Posted: 1/22/06 at 3:10am

Let's have a blast.

To the fans of Annie 2, Annie Warbucks, Bring Back Birdie, The Best Whorehouse Goes Public and the averted Phantom of Manhattan, let's play a game (if you have time) and invent stories (can be as crazy and offbeat as you like) for the most successful, or your favourite, musicals of all time.

I'll drop a few hints:

The Jellicles Strike Back
Evita II: Adventures of a Corpse
Les Miserables: Continued (they'll be building barricades to keep the audience in Musical Sequels...
Mrs Saigon (don't ask)
Whistle Down the Sky: the further adventures of Swallow

etc. etc.

Whether you take this seriously, or treat it as a complete joke, I don't mind. As long as it's totally hysterical

LOL

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific

StageWhore Profile Photo
StageWhore
#1re: Musical Sequels...
Posted: 1/22/06 at 3:17am

Everything went: Miss Reno Sweeney tells the terrible outcome of the discovery she wasn't actually a preacher.

"`I grow old... I grow old... I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.` What does that mean, Mr. Marlowe?" "Not a bloody thing. It just sounds good." He smiled. "That is from the `Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock.` Here's another one. `In the room women come and go/Talking of Michael Angelo.' Does that suggest anything to you, sir?" "Yeah -- it suggests to me that the guy didn't know very much about women." "My sentiments exactly, sir. Nonetheless I admire T. S. Eliot very much." "Did you say, 'nonetheless'?" - The Long Goodbye by Raymond Chandler

BwayLeadman
#2re: Musical Sequels...
Posted: 1/22/06 at 3:24am

Into the woods:Rapunzil's kids meets The Witch.
Nine plus one equals Ten
Rent has been paid in FULL
A Chorus Line 2: An actor's job hunt never ends.
Son of the Phantom of the Opera
Chitty gets a new engine
Hairspray 2: You can't stop Disco.
Dinner Theater (Cabaret)
Little Shop of Horrors open for business again.
Dorothy and Toto after Oz
Chita: A Dancer's Life, still a hit after her death!

rockfenris2005
#3re: Musical Sequels...
Posted: 1/22/06 at 4:19am

Some of these are good. I know I've probably mentioned it, ad nauseam, but Phantom was to have a sequel (according to Lloyd Webber) in 1999. Frederick Forsyth published a novella, The Phantom of Manhattan, which crushed fans worldwide. Almost united, the fans attacked Lloyd Webber and defended Leroux, and the book went out of print. I got a hold of it, before it went out, and read it in one night. Besides stating that everything Leroux wrote was a lie (or most of it) it was a weird, if fascinating story. Andrew premiered one of the songs at his 50th Birthday Bash (the tune was recycled in Beautiful Game)

The movie, Little Shop of Horrors, has a happy ending (which I never liked: why should a murderer wind up with the girl? LOL), also a shot of a new Audrey plant. Could this be a sequel, working on the original ending, where they all fight the plants from global invasion? LOL. Work in Day of the Triffids and War of the Worlds.. not that Menken has ever been a money-man, and he doesn't do sequels (Return of Jafar, anyone?)

The Wizard of Oz. I apologize if you're an "Ozian". The original book has 39 sequels.. the Harry Potter phenomenon of its day. I think that the first six are all brilliant topics for a musical: perhaps combined or seperate (Land of Oz would be interesting). Return to Oz, the Disney movie, would also make a weird gothic musical

LOL, and I'll add this:

SWEENEY LIVES!

and MY FOUL LADY!

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific
Updated On: 1/22/06 at 04:19 AM