Chorus Line Dialogue

andrewleeds
#0Chorus Line Dialogue
Posted: 1/25/06 at 5:53am

Hi there,

Does anyone know the exact dialogue at the end of A Chorus Line? When Zack says something like "Front line, thank you very much. Back line, rehearsals start..." I would really appreciate it if someone could post this.

Thanks,
Andrew

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#1re: Chorus Line Dialogue
Posted: 1/25/06 at 10:38am

Ooh good question. I'd be curious to know as well.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

tcoppola
#2re: Chorus Line Dialogue
Posted: 1/25/06 at 10:42am

I believe Zach says, "Front line, thank you very much. Thank you. I'm sorry" Then once they have all left, he begins, "Rehearsals start blah blah blah...." and ends with "and I'm very happy we'll be working together"

Karma76 Profile Photo
Karma76
#3re: Chorus Line Dialogue
Posted: 1/25/06 at 10:49am

yea he basically says rehearsal start in January (forget month) there will be a 2 week (or whatever time line) out of town try out, I believe he says you are not to change your hair in anyway and i am glad we will all be working together as Judy clasps her hands above her head and lights go out...then du, du du, du, du du, du

andrewleeds
#4re: Chorus Line Dialogue
Posted: 1/26/06 at 4:53am

If anyone has the EXACT dialogue it would be much appreciated.
thanks

micr0mini
#5re: Chorus Line Dialogue
Posted: 1/26/06 at 11:52pm

Hi,
I'm new here and I thought I might be of some help. The exact dialogue taken directly from the script is:

"Before I start eliminating, I just want to say I think you're all terrific. You've been wonderful about going through all of this today. I sincerely wish I could hire all of you, but I can't...Will the following people please step forward: Don...Greg...Al...Diana, no, (To DIANA) I'm wrong, back in line.
(To OTHERS)...Kristine...Bebe...Sheila...Connie...Maggie. Front line, thank you very much, thank you, I'm sorry...Rehearsals begin September 22nd. We'll rehearse for six weeks with a two-month out-of-town try-out Our New York opening will be sometime mid-January. Be prepared to sign a Standard Minimum Contract with a six-month rider. You'll be contacted sometime next week as to where and when to sign your contract. And I'm very glad we're going to be working together."

Yea it's long...I know, but I'm hoping this is what everyone was looking for.

~Melanie